Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » scare? need some help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scare? need some help
fball44
Neophyte
Member # 58263

Icon 9 posted      Profile for fball44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright so i need some help here. my girlfriend and i have been dating for about 4 months and are extremely careful when it comes to sex. she takes her combination pill on time every day within a half hour. i also wear a spermicide condom every time. i also usually stop before i orgasm and she gives me oral till the moment, or i pulled out with the condom once or twice. the condom has never broken, and i have done the water check every time and no leaks or tears yet. so heres the problem. she usually for some odd reason gets 2 periods a month one 3 day on the active pills and another on the inactive pills. last week she was due to get her "active period" but didnt get it. she started her inactive pills yesterday and still no period today. i know i might sound over concerned but so is she. which makes me nervous. im just wondering if she might be pregnant. all my friends say its so unlikely, but it still bugs me. little help here.
Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like your girlfriend might be having a lot of breakthrough bleeding on her pills (I suspect you're using the term "period" to mean any vaginal bleeding, which isn't really what periods are). When that's the case, it's pretty common for withdrawal bleeds, the period one has on the pill, to be a little less regular sometimes.

But it's also common for people not to start their withdrawal bleed right away when they start their inactive pills.

You tow obviously do a great job by using two methods to prevent pregnancy: since you know condoms were always used and never broke or slipped off, that alone makes pregnancy highly unlikely. If she's using her pills properly, it's about as close to impossible as it gets.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fball44
Neophyte
Member # 58263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fball44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much, this is a great help. hopefully it'll turn out well.
Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fball44
Neophyte
Member # 58263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fball44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so need some help haha. she never got her period and we decided to take a test on sunday march 20th. So 13 days after the first day of her sugar pills (or missed fake period).However we took it at night, was so stressed, and i know they say you should take it in the a.m. but we couldnt wait. It came out clear negative, but im reading all over how unaccurate these things might be. What the hell lol.with how safe we are it should be fine, but she still is concerned, i dont know. we used first response im pretty sure, which i heard is accurate. with how long we waited i dont see how the thing could be wrong. she has had no pregnancy symptoms to this day. tell me if im just being paranoid. help?
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you two didn't really have a risk to begin with, so I really wouldn't worry about pregnancy.

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.