Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant...?!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant...?!?!?!
thenglishrose
Neophyte
Member # 43507

Icon 9 posted      Profile for thenglishrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi I am getting really worried because my period hasn't come yet and it's supposed to be a few days ago that I have it. I am very irregular with my periods though and I don't know if it is stress that is causing it to delay or not..?!

Anyway my bf and I had some intimate time and we were both naked and I rubbed, for about 5 seconds, my vagina against his penis shaft making sure it wasn't near the tip. Sry for the detailed info, but now I'm worried that perhaps there was some pre-ejaculate on him that might have leaked out into me? I'm really worried...

Can someone help?

Posts: 3 | From: kingston | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTasteOfPurple
Activist
Member # 43186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheTasteOfPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may very well be stress that's delaying your period, and normal irregularity may also be a factor. However, what you and your boyfriend were doing definitely does pose a pregnancy risk. It's probably a good idea (if the risk was less than 120 hours ago, or five days) to get some emergency contraception if it's available to you. There's also a risk for several STDs, unless you and he have both been tested and come out negative.

I also recommend that you think about what you can do to minimize this kind of risk in the future (use latex barriers if you might have genital contact, for example, even if you're not having penetrative sex; or consider not getting naked with each other in the first place until you know that you can be careful about things that can cause a pregnancy risk), and that you talk to your partner about it and decide together what would make both of you feel comfortable about your risks. If you need help or suggestions on how to do that, feel free to ask; I also recommend Heather's excellent article Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

[ 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: TheTasteOfPurple ]

--------------------
Julia

The highest result of education is tolerance. -Helen Keller

Posts: 50 | From: Halfway down the California coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTasteOfPurple
Activist
Member # 43186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheTasteOfPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm somehow not able to edit my post to make the link actually work, but here it is in clickable format: Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
Julia

The highest result of education is tolerance. -Helen Keller

Posts: 50 | From: Halfway down the California coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenglishrose
Neophyte
Member # 43507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thenglishrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been more than 5 days now.. :SSS so I can't get the EC pill, but I am wondering how long should I wait before I take a home pregancy test? The last time my period was late, it was late about a week... right now it is late around 5ish days...
Posts: 3 | From: kingston | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to wait at least 10-14 days from your risk before testing.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.