Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » PREGNANT?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PREGNANT?!
LevitationNation
Neophyte
Member # 43099

Icon 2 posted      Profile for LevitationNation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I missed a lot of pills around 3 weeks ago, I think I missed like two weeks in the end but I'm not sure, that sounds so stupid - but it happened so..In that time I had a lot of sex (haha) and basically since then I have been feeling pretty awful.
At the minute I have sore nipples, have had cramping and a sharp pain in the lower left part of my stomach, been really tired, loss of appetite, mood swings and dizziness, also noticed a change in discharge and some pain when having sex...I'm testing tomorrow, and I don't know what to think. I know there is a good chance that I could be pregnant, but in my head it is going to be negative...

Posts: 23 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, why don't you just plan on coming back here tomorrow to give us an update.

Pain when having sex, though, could easily be due to other factors like being tense (or stressed about being pregnant), or potentially an infection.

If you aren't pregnant, we can talk about birth control methods that are easier to take correctly. And, if you are, we can talk about your options.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LevitationNation
Neophyte
Member # 43099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LevitationNation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I'll come back and let you know, if I remember!
I know all these "symptoms" could be because of missing the pill, but I don't know.
I had never missed a pill until the start of July, and thats just because of things changing - started back to work and can work late then I sleep late and get up and do other things, causing me to forget. But the last week I have gotten myself back into the routine of medication when I wake up.

What are the chances of me being pregnant?

Posts: 23 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Missing so many pills, when you're on a POP basically means the risk is the same as having unprotected sex. In a year of having unprotected sex, around 90% of women will get pregnant, so your risk is definitely high.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LevitationNation
Neophyte
Member # 43099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LevitationNation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even reading that, I still can't seem to comprehend that I COULD actually be pregnant, it doesn't feel like it could actually happen to me, as naive as that does sound that is the way it is
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Well, if you keep having trouble taking your pill, it very easily could, or it might have already happened.

Have you talked to your doctor about other birth control options? Even a combined pill has significantly more room for error than a POP.

LevitationNation
Neophyte
Member # 43099

I'm not sure whether I'm on this POP becuse of high blood pressure or not, cause once the nurse took my blood pressure and told me it was very high for someone of my age she just was like this one...
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Well, that's something to discuss with your doctor. A one time measurement that shows high blood pressure doesn't actually mean much (for me, I once got a quite high blood pressure reading because I had had 4 or 5 cups of coffee. I came back the next day--because they were worried--and I was back to my normal super low blood pressure self. It can depend). If your blood pressure has always been high, then it make sense.

There are also other progesterone only options, such as the depo shot, that are much more reliable.

You should definitely go back to discuss *why* you were put on that specific pill if you aren't sure.

Also, condoms are pretty darn effective too. Have you considered simply using those regularly?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.