Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » (unnecessary?) panic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (unnecessary?) panic
fermina_daza
Neophyte
Member # 43414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fermina_daza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I hope that I will soon feel kind of silly about posting this, but at the moment I'm rather stressed out.

I have never had vaginal or anal sex. However, when I am with my boyfriend, we do go a lot for heavy petting/masturbation...which is where my problem comes from. A few weeks ago, I gave him several handjobs over the course of a week; he came twice. The first time, I got him Kleenex so he could clean up (he had not touched himself or the semen) and, as best as we can both recall, he washed his hands when he got up to throw the tissue away. If this is not the case, he definitely at least wiped. It was maybe half an hour or an hour later - not any sooner - that he fingered me.

The second time, I insisted that he wash his hands well after pretty much the same scenario had played out. There was roughly the same gap in time between him cleaning up and fingering me. Now, of course, I am concerned that something could have gone awry. My period is not totally regular - it should have come either last Saturday or should come today - which does not alleviate my worries at all, and I'm pretty sure that my constant stressing out will delay it and make me feel worse. I know that getting a test would be the quickest way to put my mind at ease, but I know all of the cashiers within a reasonable distance of my house (and they know my parents - small town), so can anyone give me some advice, reassurance, or reality?

Thanks so much for reading this. Knowing that there is this community already helps.

Posts: 3 | From: East Coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is absolutely no risk of pregnancy from anything you've described here.

Either way, there are plenty of reasons for late periods, and if your cycles tend to not be regular anyway, that's far more likely to be the cause here.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fermina_daza
Neophyte
Member # 43414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fermina_daza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for your quick response - it really put my mind at ease.

And yeah, I do feel silly now. Which is good. So I'll go figure out what is up with my cycle with a lot less on my mind.

Posts: 3 | From: East Coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fermina_daza
Neophyte
Member # 43414

I feel like I should add some things before I accept a case closed...I've had a slight fever and cramps for a couple of days, as well as a severe nosebleed yesterday. I've felt dizzy, but I have low blood pressure, and that's nothing new. Could any of these point to a cause? My period is now one day late.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Illness can definitely delay a period, so if you've been feeling sick, then it isn't too surprising that your period is a bit late. Hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.