Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » infertile? questions?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: infertile? questions?
XxAntiXxPreppyXx4ever
Activist
Member # 29819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxAntiXxPreppyXx4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I haven't had my period in 3 months, and I found out I wasn't pregnant. I took a few HPT that came out negative, but since my sister took at least 4 and came out negative and she in deed was pregnant[ now has a 1 month old baby] she told me to take a blood test. I don't have a Planned Parenthood around where I live, so instead I went to a Maternal Health service area. They sent me to get a blood test. Negative. I've been trying to get pregnant for about a year or more now. But 6 months ago I was with a guy who was almost sure he was sterie due to a chemical spill. But now I'm with someone new, and nada. Nothing. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and where I go they haven't done anything for me, other than the PN saying "It happens". Even though I've never been late other than a few days for the past 8 years I've had my period...Also, I have a infection downt here but I'm sure that can't cause pregnancy not t happen. I'm getting concerned, and don't know what to do. I was thinking about going to a gyno, but I'm not sure becauuse of my insurance.
sorry its so long..I'm really confused
Thank you.

--------------------
<3 Live.In. Love <3

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've been trying to become pregnant, then it's really really important for you to go ahead and make that appointment to see a gynecologist now. For any woman trying to conceive, you want to make sure that your body is as healthy as possible prior to a pregnancy.

What sort of infection do you have? Have you been getting treatment for it?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxAntiXxPreppyXx4ever
Activist
Member # 29819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxAntiXxPreppyXx4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its called molluscum contagiosum? I believe. and I start treatment next week for it.
I've been taking prenatal vitamins, and such. I have a fertility kit at my house, but yet I cant' use it because I haven't gotten my period in 3 months.

--------------------
<3 Live.In. Love <3

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask how -- and you certainly don't have to answer -- if you can't get covered for an OB/GYN visit to prepare for a pregnancy, you plan to see an OB/GYN and get all the care you'll need during a pregnancy or for a child and yourself afterwards which is going to cost WAY more, and may not be covered by your insurance either? If it doesn't cover basic reproductive healthcare, it probably doesn't cover a pregnancy, or do so very well, either. That's a pretty huge basic to have in place when planning a pregnancy, and ideally before becoming pregnant.

Any sexually transmitted infection, if left untreated, can potentially impact fertility. How long do you think you'd had the infection for? When did you last have an STI screening before this?

One additional thing, with a new partner, you probably know by now from being at Scarleteen that it's so important not to have unprotected contact before you and your partner have done all you can to reduce your risks of infection, something all the more important to women who are pregnant or trying to conceive. Are you being sure not to leap to unprotected sex before the six-month period of safer sex and exclusivity and then testing for both partners?

Obviously, six months is also a really short time to be with someone before getting ready to be parents, and we can talk about that too, if you want, But since you asked about your health and fertility, the above issues are what are most pertinent.

[ 06-24-2009, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.