Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » sex after birth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex after birth
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when me and my boyfriend have sex most of th e time i feel really sore afterwards i was wondering if this might be because i got a lot of internal and outer stiches down there after i had my baby but i had her 11 months ago and still have pain after sex sometimes

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Posts: 31 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you having the pain? Is it internal or more external?

Some women do have some sensitivity or soreness when they begin sexual activity after they've given birth. There can be a lot of different reasons for this. We can talk about a few of the more typical causes...

Are you making sure that you are really aroused and wanting sex before you attempt it? Additionally, are you making sure to spend time doing other activities that are pleasurable for you as well? I know how stressful it can be as a new parent, and sometimes it can feel like "hurry up and get on with this before baby wakes up!" However, your body may not be given the time to really get in the mood and become relaxed.

Are you using extra lubrication? If not, then pick some up. All of those hormonal changes that happen during and after pregnancy can really do a number your naturally produced lubrication.

Are you breastfeeding? Some moms find that they have additional sensitivity while they are breastfeeding. I personally didn't find any penetrative activities to be comfortable until several months after I stopped breastfeeding my son. There is thought in the medical community that this may be related to the hormones released during breastfeeding. (Not a good reason to stop BF-ing, but just something to be aware of.)

If none of those fit your situation, then I'd say it's time to head back to your gyn just to get everything checked. It is possible to have problems with the nerves in that area or with scar tissue depending on the tearing or cutting that was done. Those are issues that your doctor would need to examine.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.