Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Unproteced sex, risk of pregnancy? help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unproteced sex, risk of pregnancy? help
aj77
Neophyte
Member # 41549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be kind of long and detailed.. But, about a a week and a half ago my girlfriend and I engaged in unprotected sex, it lasted less than 5 minutes. I know of the "pre-cum" risk, so i went to the bathroom before we started to have sex. I pulled out way before I would normallly even orgasm and did not ejaculate inside her, or outside her afterwards at all. Is there any real risk of pregnancy? I know you'll probably say "yes there always is, just 1 sperm will impregnate someone" but I just need an honest opinion, is there really any likelihood of pregnancy?
Posts: 10 | From: CT | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this is considered a viable pregnancy risk.

quote:
If you DID have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse but the man DID NOT ejaculate, then you have a LOW TO MODERATE risk of pregnancy.
Whether your risk was/is low or moderate will depend on your own fertility cycle. If you chart your fertility and know this to have happened during a time when you were not likely to be fertile, the risk will be lower. If you do not chart your fertility, but the risk occurred during the second half of your cycle, it is probably lower.

If it has been less than 120 hours since your risk, you may obtain emergency contraception. If it has been greater than 10 days since your risk, see your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test and an STI screening.

What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

It's not possible to know, for certain, that there is no sperm present in your pre-ejaculate, although urinating beforehand does help. As well, it isn't possible for us to be able to tell you exactly what the likelihood is of pregnancy, other than that it's a low - moderate one. If it has been 10 days (or if she has missed a period) then a pregnancy test is in order.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aj77
Neophyte
Member # 41549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As to my knowledge she has not actually missed her period yet. But still hasn't gotten it.. which is my worry. I may just be worrying too much though. If that's possible.
Posts: 10 | From: CT | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aj77
Neophyte
Member # 41549

I'm freaking out... why hasn't she gotten her period yet? Her friend who normally has hers the same time, got hers last week. My girlfriend isn't worried really, she thinks it hasnt come yet due to the fact that she just recently started having practices for lacrosse and runs a lot and is doing a lot more physical activity than normal. Would that be a factor in it not coming yet?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An increased level of physical activity can definitely delay a period. But there was a pregnancy risk here, so it would be wise for your girlfriend to take a pregnancy test - testing won't make her pregnant, and it's definitely worth the peace of mind. (A test will be accurate as soon as 10 days after the risk.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aj77
Neophyte
Member # 41549

Nevermind she got her period.. thanks for the help though!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.