Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » is it possible...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible...
scarlettoh843
Neophyte
Member # 31393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlettoh843         Edit/Delete Post 
is it possible to get pregnant if there is cum on a finger and that is inserted in the vagina?? wht if the cum on the finger has dried out?or if other things have been touched in between..
Posts: 13 | From: india | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theoretically, if there is a LOT of semen or pre-cum on the finger, there is a possibility of getting pregnant. But rule of thumb: if it's dry, there's no need to worry. Sperm cannot survive if they're dry, and if you've been touching other things in between, it's more likely that it was rubbed off or dried out. Also, if it's been about 20 minutes or more between the time semen got on the finger and the time it was inserted in the vagina, there's no risk either - the sperm will have died by then.

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Hey Scarlettoh, I'd really recommend that hands be washed before being inserted into a vagina or coming into any contact with the genital area. If that seems like it would "kill the mood" or whatever, use rubber gloves - a better idea anyways, and much smoother. Plus this way you won't have to worry at all!)

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlettoh843
Neophyte
Member # 31393

thnk u so much....i will be more careful with this henceforth...and it has given me a good fright!! so trust me!!! hehe..btw sperm survives only for 20 mins once exposed to air???

[ 11-09-2006, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: scarlettoh843 ]

Posts: 13 | From: india | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlettoh843
Neophyte
Member # 31393

a friend of mine said that the sperm has to be implanted atleast 5cm inside the vaginal tract to get u pregnant..or artificial insem would have been done at home too. is that true?? also in addition to my first ques, cant the sperm just swim if inserted?????
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If sperm get on the vulva or vagina, they can swim up the vaginal canal and cause a pregnancy. This means that even without insertion of the penis into the vagina, if the genitals are rubbed together and there is semen or pre-cum on the penis, theoretically there IS a pregnancy risk - not super-high, but it's still there. So your friend doesn't quite have the facts straight, even though it is much more likely that a pregnancy will occur if there is actual penetration.

--------------------
Look to the western sky

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlettoh843
Neophyte
Member # 31393

also i gave a massage in between the two things. does tht mean it could have gotten rubbed off...reducing my chances??
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Yep, that decreases the chances of getting pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it.

--------------------
Look to the western sky

scarlettoh843
Neophyte
Member # 31393

i do not kno...altho i cud have been ovulating...i am not sure..i unfortunately do not rememebr when i had my last period but it got over on the 20th of oct and usually i have it for 5 days so must have been the 15th or 16th. my cycle is generally of 30 days. and i did this on the 2nd of nov...does this increase my risk?? i checked..the time between the two must have been atleast half an hr tho....still worried tho much relaxed
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Really, you can't know when you ovulate unless you've been tracking your cycles and cervical mucus for a REALLY long time. Honestly, you haven't had much of a risk here at all - there would only be a risk if your finger was literally DRIPPING with pre-cum or semen, and then you definitely would have noticed it. Don't stress about it.

(By the way - hon, if you get this upset about risks that are almost nonexistent, it might be a good idea to think over whether you're ready to be sexually active at all, yes?)

--------------------
Look to the western sky

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.