Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » just need a little reassurance...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just need a little reassurance...
germanscientist
Neophyte
Member # 30301

Icon 11 posted      Profile for germanscientist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel pretty lame doing this, but I'm paranoid and I just need some reassurance, advice, and things of the sort.

If it's any help, just for starters, my last period was on September 13th.

My boyfriend and I were messing around one night (I'm pretty sure it was October 5th), and he ended up fingering me. We were both clothed, and nothing got on me. However, I touched his underwear after we were done, and he said, "Sorry, I'm a little wet." All I felt was a slight dampness, nothing more, nothing less. I touched it for maybe 10 seconds, if that matters at all. About a minute later, I ended up wiping myself off because I don't really like the feeling of being wet. Right after I wiped myself I realized what I did and freaked out.

I've read the "What's The Risk?" page over and over and over for reassurance, and it pretty much tells me I had pretty much no pregnancy risk since I didn't come in contact with semen. The thing is, I'm not sure if by touching a damp surface would fall under the category of being a risk or whatever. I'm sure it does, but I assume it's pretty low. I've read a lot of the previous posts and my situation is a lot less risky than some, and people who gave those people advice said their situation was a low risk.

My period should come tomorrow. I try to put this at the back of my mind so I won't stress, but whenever I'm alone this thought always turns it's ugly head towards me. Haha.

I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant, but the thought of even the possibility freaks me out pretty bad. Any advice would help.

Thanks.

Posts: 5 | From: sunny california | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not see a risk here, really. Pregnancy just isn't that easy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67221 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanscientist
Neophyte
Member # 30301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanscientist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would the risk, or lack thereof, stay the same if the girl was on her period, or does that even matter?

--------------------
ooga booga boo

Posts: 5 | From: sunny california | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, in this situation, being on your period or not would not really make any sort of difference (and for most risks, usually wouldn't make a signifigant difference to take any more or less seriously, anyway).

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanscientist
Neophyte
Member # 30301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanscientist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would the risk be basically the same if: I was on the third day of my period (med to heavy flow, if it matters) and I touched a little bit of semen from some shorts because it soaked all the way through, rubbed it off vigorously for about a minute (once between thumb and forefinger until dry, then on my shorts, where I take the material between my thumb and forefinger and rub it between), then touched myself slightly to see if I was very wet?

Would pregnancy even be in the question? I'm pretty sure this is something I don't need to worry about, but I keep thinking about it.

--------------------
ooga booga boo

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, really it wouldn't. Sperm just isn't that viable, there's pretty much no way sperm that had soaked through a piece of clothing, then rub off on your fingers, then be rubbed into your fingers somehow still be whole and able enough to swim up the vagina, through your menses, and be able to wait around for an egg and impregnante you. Like Heather said, pregnancy honestly is just not that easy.

And your risk or the potential risk anytime isn't likely to change becaquse of small details - you could string out a number of what-ifs, and none of them are going to matter here nor there. So, I'd take a deep breath and tell yourself you're definitely NOT pregnant, and in the future, have your partner wear a condom during sexual activity of any kind to cut back on any risk, and/or wash your hands after any contact with his fluids.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanscientist
Neophyte
Member # 30301

Thanks for all your guys' help!

--------------------
ooga booga boo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.