Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » A little worried...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little worried...
Super_Hobbit
Neophyte
Member # 30755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super_Hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Around September 1st, my girlfriend started her period about 14 days earlier than normal, and it was apparently very light. She had the shedding of tissue as normal but little to no bleeding whatsoever. This sort of thing has only happened once before when she was in the 8th grade (she's a Junior in high school now). We both figure that if she has another period this early again that she should see a doctor.

But anyway, we had sex the day she started her period, and after finishing up I took the condom off as usual (had a spermicidal lubricant on it), and we started kissing as we usually do afterwards. Well I was hunched over her but I was aware to keep my penis from touching her vagina as to avoid any complications. But at one point she noticed that I was "dripping" a little bit, and got a bit scared that some semen might've dripped on her. We both looked but didn't see anything, and she said she never actually saw it drip on her but was still kinda freaked out. Shortly after though we weren't too worried, so we got back into it and I ended up fingering her.

I guess what I wanna know is would we have seen any semen if it were to have gotten on her? Wouldn't she have felt it if it touched her? If something did get on her, was it too risky to have fingered her afterwards?

Posts: 15 | From: IL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods vary in duration, length, and flow. Considering the period IS the shedding of the lining of the uterus, it's not beyond imagination to suggest that sometimes, there'll be more clumps or tissue than others. It's a normal variation.

As far as getting her period two weeks early? That's normal,too. Periods are very, very finicky, and the slightest thing (like worring about something) can delay them or make them arrive early. So, no worries about that. This is especially true in the teen years.

Since it's been two weeks since this percieved risk, you can take a pregnancy test if you'd like. Though, I doubt there's much of a pregnancy risk here.

[ 09-17-2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: DarkChild717 ]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.