Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant?
mylittlemiss13
Neophyte
Member # 30032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mylittlemiss13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive read that some girls still have there period before finding out that there pregnant. If this is true i was just wondering because i got my period on monday but ive also been throwing up every morning since then. I'm not sure whats going on with my body but hopefully its just something going around.
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RubyRed
Neophyte
Member # 30477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RubyRed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I was pregnant. Just because i got my period right after sex and now i don't have my period. With all the research I have done and the advice from EVERYONE. You can have your period RIGHT after having unprotected sex and be pregnant. Just because Sperm can live inside you for 7 days. weird i know.

But after you concieve there may be spot bleeding but no actual period. It's pretty not possible.

What about the other signs of early pregnancy. tender/soreness of breasts, stomach discomfort or feelings that don't feel right, morning sickness that is not only in the morning, headaches, fatigue? anything like that?

The only way to really know if you are pregnant is to get a pregnancy test and test positive to being pregnant.

--------------------
Red

Posts: 12 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to be clear:

There is only one real indicator of pregnancy, and that is a positive pregnancy test. Symptoms and other things aren't good indicators at all! They're all symptoms of a myriad of other things.

Mylittlemiss, when was your pregnancy risk? If it's been 10-14 days, you can take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.