Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Strange doctors visits

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange doctors visits
NiceGurlT
Activist
Member # 20916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiceGurlT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a few questions i wanna ask that are bothering me.My boyfriends ex is having his baby.Im fine with it cause were started dating b4 he knew she was pregnate.But she supposed to be like 6 months now and during her months of 4 and 5 months when she went to her doctors appointments the doctor just kept giving her pregnacy test that showed positive results.No checking her no nothing just pregnacy test,no ultra sounds to show the progress or anything.(They dont even know the sex of the baby because that was not scheduled in her visits to do.Very strange.)And my boyfriend kept saying to me why are they giving her pregnacy test if they can tell shes pregnate and its noticable.I just want to know why are they giving her pregnacy test at 4 and 5 months also he went to the doctor with her the other day and all they gave her was a pap smear.Dont they give you pap smears in the first doctors visit and do other test in the in following visits.Why is she getting a pap smear so late in the game at 6 months?That to me sounds strange 2.And i maybe wrong but do they do pap smears at 6 months if your supposed to be healthy.
Posts: 78 | From: bk ny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GYNs sometimes give Pap smears during pregnancy to keep track of cervical cancer risks, if the woman's had abnormal Paps in the past.

You're right - she should have had an ultrasound by now, and better prenatal care. And the constant pregnancy tests - that's just weird.

She might be having a false pregnancy - where, because of psychological factors or a hormone disorder, she might believe she's pregnant & exhibit symptoms without actually being pregnant.

Do you have a healthy relationship with this guy? Do you make sure to use the pill and/or condoms when you have sex? I ask because his getting the ex pregnant is not necessarily a good thing for you or your relationship with him.

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NiceGurlT
Activist
Member # 20916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiceGurlT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend says she looks pregnate and that since the last time he saw her last month she got bigger.But everytime she went to the doctor during her first 5 months she was only giving pregnacy test that showed positive results.(She didnt even experience morning sickness because he never told me she did.He just said she would call him and say she cant eat.)This is what he told me cause when he came from the doctor with her he call me as he always do to keep me posted on the progress and asked me why did they give her a pregnacy test if they already gave her one and it showed positive results.This was last month when she was 5 months as well they did when she was 4 months.I wanted to know why too.Plus she has had about 5 pregnacy test since shes been pregnate from her doctors.Which is very strange.Im not sure if the pregnacy is false because he keeps saying that her stomach is looking bigger everytime he sees her.I dont know, this pregnacy seems very weird to me even from start when he first told me she was pregnate.When he first told me she was pregnate she never went to the doctor she just said she was pregnate.She waited about three months to finally go.Then when she went she got a due date for the end of november something like nov.27 and he said the last time he was with her was in january.So off the back it started strange.And she still wants him.She want to be in a relationship with him again.But when they broke up in january because i met him in feb,he told me he didnt speak or see his ex in about a month.Then when he kept telling her there not getting back together she popped up pregnate.Now i wasnt there so im not gonna jump to conclusions anout the paternity but a female cant be pregnate for 10 months or have sex in the middle of january and produce a due date for the end of nov close to dec?Thats very weird too.
I mean can someone verify if this too sounds crazy cause its racking my brain because this stiff dont sound to kosher.

( Oh i have a healty relationship with him.Im on the pill and i take it faithfully and on time everyday.Plus we always use condoms except one time we didnt.)

[ 08-27-2006, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: NiceGurlT ]

Posts: 78 | From: bk ny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NiceGurlT
Activist
Member # 20916

Can someone else all insight to this story.Its confusing me
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is impossible for us to know why your boyfriends' exs' doctor is choosing to do the tests he's doing (or why he isn't doing anything else).

I know they can test beta hcg levels ... hcg is the pregnancy hormone and give some indicator as to the health of the pregnancy. I don't think this is something that they would test at every appointment though ... especially if the pregnancy is past the first trimester (when chance of miscarriage decreases by a fair bit).

Due dates can be kinda tricky too. They can go by last menstrual period or ultrasound ... And they can be wrong. Unfortuneatly, you won't really have any answers as to who the baby's father is until the baby is born and you can do DNA tests.

So, i don't know the answer to your questions. And my guess is that no one else has answered this question b/c they don't know either. If your boyfriend goes to all of the appointments w/ his ex, HE can be the one to ask these questions too.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.