Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Friends act for attention?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friends act for attention?
CJHNpantherspirit23
Neophyte
Member # 28121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJHNpantherspirit23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK This doesnt exactly involve me, but my friend came to with this issue, told me the whole story..but I dont exactly know how to advise her for her stupid decesion.

See her and her boyfriend have been having some trouble, always fighting etc.
So in I guess an act for desperation, she decided to do something that would basically ruin his life(well not ruin but completely change it.)

About a 2 weeks ago, her and her boyfriend were getting pretty into it she ended up giving him oral(no condom)..and went to the bathroom to spit it out..ended up spiting into her hand a wiping the cum/spit around the opening of her vagina..why she did it I have no idea.
She didnt wipe it off, and she went back to have unprotected sex, he ended up pulling out and no orgasming.

I dont know what to tell her, or what her chances of being pregnant are..It was pretty stupid, but she has a mental illness..etc.
Then she brought the issue of well "I'm not, because on my ovulation calendar it said I wasnt very fertile today, and my chances of pregnancy are low.".

Posts: 21 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, from this she HAS had a pregnancy risk, as well as putting both her and her partner at risk of STIs. (Even aside from the fact of what she did after they engaged in oral sex, having unprotected intercourse whether or not he ejaculated presented a risk for both)

Unless she's been charting her basal temperature and cervical mucus, an ovulation calendar is going to mean squat, so she can't know if she could ovulate or not, and aside from that, sperm can live inside the vagina for up to 5-7 days.

Has your friend seen a counselor or therapist about her mental illness? This action makes me really think she acted incredibly rashly, by not only deceiving her boyfriend, but by putting her own health and well-being at SERIOUS risk. If she has not seen anyone before, is there anyway that you could suggest this to her?

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.