Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » What does this mean?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does this mean?
trulyloved
Neophyte
Member # 23133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulyloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last period ended about 2 weeks ago. About 2 weeks before that, my boyfriend and I had sex. I am on the pill and we used a condom. I was 2 days late for my period. I actually got it the day that I took a pregnancy test at home that was negative.
However, my nipples hurt. Not horribly, it's just painful and slightly annoying.
My mother told me that women can be pregnant and have a period and that breast tenderness is a symptom.
So what gives? [Confused] Why do my nipples hurt? I am still on the pill and I don't recall this ever happening before. Should I buy another test to prove to myself that I'm ok? My next OB/GYN appt is in August.
Thanks.

Posts: 15 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really know why your nipples hurt, but I CAN tell you that the chances of you being pregnant are pretty darn slim.

Sometimes breast tenderness is a normal part of the menstrual cycle. A lot of women experience it just before they get their periods, but it can occur at any time.

I wouldn't worry about getting a pregnancy test right now. You're being as careful as possible and really have had no real risk.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trulyloved
Neophyte
Member # 23133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulyloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much.
I feel so much more at ease.
They have actually started hurting less and less, so maybe it is just a part of my cycle that i've never noticed.
Thank you so much again!

--------------------
---
Found my Romeo~

Posts: 15 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PigmyPuff
Neophyte
Member # 29108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PigmyPuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Gyn came to my school today to talk about safe sex and different contraceptives and she said that pills have secondary effects, and she mentioned breast or nipple pain, so maybe it's just that. (:
Posts: 24 | From: Argentina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.