Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Period and Pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period and Pregnant??
whatishappening
Neophyte
Member # 29416

Icon 5 posted      Profile for whatishappening     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I have been in a relationship for about 4 years and we have never been very consistant with using birth control. He has never ejaculated inside of me without being on the pill EXCEPT.. last month we kinda had two close calls. I do not think that I am pregnant because I had my period this month. It was kinda light but nothing that I would have been worried about. I had a doctors appointment booked because I was feeling a little run down.. (not thinking of pregnancy) and the first thing she asked was if I could be pregnant. I told her that I was on my period and she said that there was a chance that I could be. After she said that I started thinking about my symptoms for why I went to the doctor... fatigue,dizziness,nausea(no vomitting), weight gain even though I have been exercising more regularly and watching what I have been eating AND my breasts have grown almost a cup and a half in the past month!!! ( could be attributed to weight gain?) Anyways the other thing that I forgot to tell her was that last month my breasts started having a clear and milky discharge. Sooo I was just wondering how likely it could be?? [Confused] If I couldnt be then what is going on with my boobs????
Posts: 3 | From: Kitchener | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're having discharge from your breasts, it would be good to see a doctor about it, because women do not start lactating until much later on in a pregnancy, not the first stages.

Have you taken a pregnancy test? That's the only sure-fire way to know if you're pregnant or not.

And also, especially after a four year relationship, it would probably be good to start talking to your guy about picking a birth control method that works for both of you and sticking to it. A man doesn't have to ejaculate inside the vagina for there to be a pregnancy risk present, so you're really playing a dangerous game right now if getting pregnant is something you do not want to be doing.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatishappening
Neophyte
Member # 29416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatishappening     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen a doctor and they are doing a test. I was more curious as to see if it is a "normal" occurance to be pregnant and still have your period?
We have tried sooo many methods of birth control. I cannot take the pill because I become soo emotional. Crying, and depressed all the time. And NO sex drive.
I would not be upset if I was pregnant. I just think that if it is a fairly common thing to happen that it should be more known.

Posts: 3 | From: Kitchener | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't have an actual menstrual period when you're pregnant, but you can experience some bleeding which is sometimes mistaken for a light period.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatishappening
Neophyte
Member # 29416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatishappening     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what I thought. My doctor is actually the one putting this into my head. I usually get thinking that I am pregnant before I get my period and I did not get time to because it was early.
I had made the appointment before I got my period to go and get bloodwork done. She asked me if I had a heavy or light flow and I told her that it was normal maybe a little lighter than normal. And she still requested it..I know you all think I am being pyscho but she got me thinking!! But thanks to everyone for replying so quickly.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.