Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » opinions???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: opinions???
DitzyBlonde
Neophyte
Member # 28534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DitzyBlonde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its about a week before im supposed to get my period, but for the past week or so i have been seeing more and more signs im preg (im going to wait until my period is "late" before i take a pregnancy test).. i just want some other opinions on this. Here is what has been happening to me that has changed from my normal behavior:
1. Im nauseous most of the time (mainly in the car or mornings and nights) and its pretty bad too, not just like car sick
2. I have to pee all the time!!
3. My boobs are sore
4. Im constantly hungry
5. I have cramps and headaches throughout the day
6. I was having weird blood spotting for awhile
7. I cry every night over little things that happened during the day that a few weeks ago wouldnt have bothered me one bit
The possibility that im pregnant is great since me and my bf have sex regularly... I didnt really start noticing the symptoms until a friend of mine who is currently pregnant pointed out how her pregnancy started.
The reason im not going to take a pregnancy test now is because usually i get my period right after i take it so i will just wait until after i missed my period...
Im not scared, i just want to hear opinions... Thank you! [Smile]

--------------------
*~We may fight, we may cry, but my love for you will never die~*

Posts: 20 | From: Missouri | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first let me start by saying that if you haven't yet had a late period, it's FAR to soon to be experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy. Any you are experiencing are likely psychosomatic (created or amplified by having in your mind that you could be pregnant).

Secondly, honey, you asked for opinions, and I simply must put in my two cents. This is obviously something you're planning for if you've had unprotected sex for a few cycles and are "not scared" of the possibility of getting pregnant.

While I won't lecture you about this choice, I'm asking you to please think hard about it. Because of your posting history, it really seems this guy isn't much in the way of parenting material; you said he still does drugs and acts like a kid himself. As Miz Scarlet said before, if he refuses to give it up BEFORE you get pregnant, it's very unlikely he will once a baby's in the picture; especially with the added stress.

So, I'm really asking you to reconsider what you're doing. If you get pregnant any time as a teen girl, there's an overwhelming chance that you'll end up parenting alone. Your current situation increases those chances. Are you prepared to do that?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.