Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » i think i can be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i think i can be pregnant?
Heyalshflkjhaskljfa
Neophyte
Member # 27070

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heyalshflkjhaskljfa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...Well first i'll tell u a little bit of my history. In December 2004-January 2005 I was pregnant. It ended up as a miscarriage. After my miscarriage my 1st period was normal.. After that, the second time i got my period I bled for 3 and a half months straight. I went to the doctor and explained to him what happened. He told me that the egg from the baby or embryo...i think.. could still be stuck inside. I then was booked for a ultra sound the next week. I went into the ultra sound, and nothing was found. He assured me that my bleeding would stop bleeding. 2 days later it did. My periods after that were still off.. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.. I went back to the doctor and he had told me that i should go on the birth control pill. I really didn't want to because i was trying to lose weight. But then i decided it was my only choice. I went on the birth control pill for a month and a half. I gained over 15 pounds and i refused to take the pill anymore. Im still off the pill and my periods never come at the same time. Its been since the begining of december i had my last period. Yesterday i was spotting brown and today ive been spotting brown. Ive been really exhausted lately and it seems like i get tired very early. Ive been light abdominal pains...could it be that i am im pregnant? I've also had unprotected sex since my last period.
Posts: 9 | From: hicksville | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having had unprotected sex, pregnancy is a definate possibility.

Have you taken a pregnancy test? This is the first place to start. Pregnancy tests are accurate 10-14 days after the last risk or the first day of a missed period.

Gaining 15lbs in a month and a bit due to the pill seems unlikely ... Do you know of any other reason you may have gained this weight?

Whether you choose to use hormonal methods to control the bleeding or not, the irregular bleeding should still be investigated further. You may want to ask your doctor for a referral to a GYN, if you haven't already.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heyalshflkjhaskljfa
Neophyte
Member # 27070

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heyalshflkjhaskljfa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now im not to sure why i gained so much weight. But I took the pill when i was about 17 and i gained a lot of weight. That is the reason why i never liked it. Then this past year when i took the pill for the month and a half. I gained weight again. I know doctors have told me that u gain around 5 pounds or less. So im not sure.... I haven't changed my diet, I work out.
I stopped spotting today. I still haven't gone 2 the doctors or got a pregnancy test.

Posts: 9 | From: hicksville | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heyalshflkjhaskljfa
Neophyte
Member # 27070

I dont think im pregnant.. My last period was light at the beginning then became heavy. So maybe this is the case again. Do u know of any reasons why my bleeding is still like this? Even, when i had the miscarriage over a year ago!
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be ...

Honestly, I don't know what to tell you ... You need to see your doctor about your irregular periods.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peaches44
Activist
Member # 27099

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Peaches44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of things can affect your cycle. It sounds like you've been on quite the hormonal roller coaster for a while. I know that it can take up to 6 months for your body to fall into a regular pattern again after your hormones have changed. First you had a pregnancy and then taking the pill and going back off of it. Your body might just need time to get itself back to normal. Also, how you're doing emotionally might have an affect on your irregularity. If you're feeling stressed out about anything you might want to take that into consideration.

All of that said, you definitely need to rule out being pregnant or some other illness. Get the tests done and if you are in the clear for anything serious, you may need to just wait it out and let your body get back to normal. Definitely see a doctor.

Posts: 50 | From: Alberta Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.