Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Am i at risk for pregnancy??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i at risk for pregnancy??
Chaos Kitten
Neophyte
Member # 27047

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Chaos Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, earlier in the week, my bf and i had unprotected sex, and he withdrew, some got pretty close to me, but i wasn't really worried about it. Same thing the next day, but on my stomach instead of the floor. I have been using the patch correctly for 3 months now, and was wearing it, am i at risk of pregnancy? And i know i won't get std's or sti's or whatever, just the pregnancy i'm worried about.
Posts: 1 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexysexgoddess
Activist
Member # 18606

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sexysexgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you have been using the patch correctly for 3 months, this should be a low risk of pregnancy. Torwards the STD/STI factor you have a high risk of contracting an STD/STI. Make sure you and your partner have a full STD screening, before continuing to have unprotected sex. Condom's and the patch used together makes you safe torwards pregnancy and STD's. So make sure you use condom's atleast till you have an STD screening. Hope this has helped.

------------------
~*Music Is The Hidden Meaning Of Life*~

Posts: 94 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to elaborate on the STI issue a bit: you cannot consider yourself free from STIs until you AND your partner have both had TWO full STI screenings six months apart, and been monogamous during that time. If you haven't done this, you have put yourself at high risk for contracting an STI. So, go out and get those condoms, eh?
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Really, anyone sexually active who says they KNOW they will not contract an STI is kidding themselves. Practicing safer sex to the letter -- latex barriers, monogamy AND regular screenings -- reduces those risks substantially, but even doing all of that doesn't eradicate them. Being two partners who have never had ANY intimate contact with ANYONE else also cuts the risks of many (but not all) STIs: but again, it doesn't make them nonexistent.

In short: all of us are at risk for STIs if we're sexually active, period.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.