Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Just Wonderin.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Wonderin.......
nobody_gurl
Neophyte
Member # 26960

Icon 5 posted      Profile for nobody_gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading Baby_Mama06's question and I was wonderin, if someone's due date is on the 22 of Jan fror example, shouldnt it really be the 18th of Jan
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what you're asking here. Clarify?
Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nobody_gurl
Neophyte
Member # 26960

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nobody_gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a doctor gives a patient a due date, they are counting from the date of the LMP which could be a week later then when the due date really is. So what I am really asking is Does pregnancy actually start when your period starts? Because that's what it seems like from where the doctor would usually count the due date
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some docs ask for the LMP, so they can then add 14 days (again, average ovulation) and count from there; others count 280 days from the LMP: gestation is typically 266, so that factors for the 2-week difference. Pregnancy, actually starts when conception has occurred, which would be about another week after ovulation, but gestation factors in for the process from fertilization to implantation/pregnancy.

Thing with any date predicitions is that trying to get them down to the day is fruitless, really. babies don't have calendars, and while 40 weeks is an average, and standard, that's all it is.

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nobody_gurl
Neophyte
Member # 26960

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nobody_gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you usually count the 14 days from the first day of the cycle or the last day
Heather
Member # 3

The first day.
L0v3Drunk
Neophyte
Member # 26985

Icon 10 posted      Profile for L0v3Drunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nobody_gurl:
I was reading Baby_Mama06's question and I was wonderin, if someone's due date is on the 22 of Jan fror example, shouldnt it really be the 18th of Jan

lol that's great. my birthday is the 22nd of january

i've always wondered that too though. due date predictions are real sketchy

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.