Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: late
soccer21
Activist
Member # 15754

Icon 4 posted      Profile for soccer21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi my boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years and for the past 1 year we really havent used protection, but i was on the pill. I have been off the pill for about 3 or 4 mths now and yes we still had unprotected sex. I know stupid.

But now i am 3 days late, i fianlly got on a regular schedual.. but i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative... i dont understand! Could it have been the test because it said that it would take a few min. but it only took like 20 secs. Could i have gotten a bad test? Or is it right?

[This message has been edited by soccer21 (edited 01-09-2006).]

Posts: 62 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A result THAT fast does strike me as a bit iffy.

I'd suggest taking a second test. If you're going to use an at-home test, be sure to take it with your first morning's urine, and when you buy the test, check the expiry date first to be sure it's current.

You will also wannt to schedule STI screens for you both, and obviously, if you are not prepared to become pregnant, should you have lucked out this time, you'll want to start using reliable birth control.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer21
Activist
Member # 15754

Icon 4 posted      Profile for soccer21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what i thought and i did check the date, but it wasnt until 2007, but i also did the test mid-day. I have never been late for my period before and im alittle nervous... I have a doc. appt. tomorrow, but i was hoping to get some kind of result sooner, but that was not the case.
Posts: 62 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.