Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » just a little curious.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a little curious.
cyka
Neophyte
Member # 26884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cyka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had unprotected sex last night and although my partner did not ejaculate inside of me, I understand that pre-ejaculate does often contain sperm. Our sexual encounter was not quick and so I'm more than a bit concerned (as I'm assuming the longer the penis is in the vagina, the more pre-ejaculate it would produce. Is that a correct assumption?).

I've been off the pill for a good year at least, my period is due around the 22nd, and I know that the only true way to know when it happens, is to take a test. I also know that it would be possible for pregnancy to come from this sort of situation, but I'm not sure how to know whether or not this type of encounter would be a high risk situation?

(And I've already made an appointment to get checked for all STD's. I realize the seriousness of what we did last night.) Thank you in advance for any help.

Posts: 2 | From: tulsa, ok, usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have most definitely had a significant pregnancy risk in this situation, as well as an STI risk (good on you for making that appointment to get tested). Emergency contraception would be a good idea if you don't wish to become pregnant, and it's effective up to 120 hours after the risk, although the sooner it's taken, the more effective it is.

A couple of things to check out:
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment
Emergency Contraception

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 01-07-2006).]

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Excellent advice, and great use of articles at the site, karybu! Keep up the good work!! )
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyka
Neophyte
Member # 26884

Icon 10 posted      Profile for cyka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one more question. I've heard a lot about implantation bleeding. And I understand that it generally happens 7-10 days after the risk, if you are to become pregnant. But, I havne't heard anyone ask, do all women experience this? Or is it just one of those 'some do, some don't' things?
Posts: 2 | From: tulsa, ok, usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, i believe this is one of those 'some do, some dont' things. Some women have it but it is so slight that they don't even notice.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.