Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Please REPLY soon!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please REPLY soon!
bballbabe48
Neophyte
Member # 26393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bballbabe48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had sex for the very first time, we used a condom, but i'm still super nervous, should i be??
Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom was used properly for all sexual cotact, your risk is minimal.

A Simple Condom Primer

If you are freaking out about this, are you really ready to be having sex?

Read our little reality check:

Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bballbabe, please do not double post. You posted this question in Body and Soul, and 8 minutes later, this post. We answer all questions in due time, but we're not all here 24/7. Patience!

And welcome to Scarleteen.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bballbabe48
Neophyte
Member # 26393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bballbabe48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know i wasn't really ready, but it's happened and I've made a mistake, that I will not make again, until im ready. But I'm really nervous that i may be pregnant, how do I know I'm not without taking a test? Or isn't there a way?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no reliable signs of pregnancy other than a positive test, missed periods, or giving birth. A test can be taken with reliable results at least 10 days after a pregnancy risk has occured.

As I said in the other post, if you correctly used the condom and it did not fail, there is a low chance that you would be pregnant (we cannot say that there is NO risk, because only abstainance is 100% safe). Your risk here is minimal though.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bballbabe48
Neophyte
Member # 26393

Yeah, I understand that but what if i don't really want to get my parents involved how can i do that with taking a test?

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests can be purchased at most drug stores, supermarkets, and chain retailers. They usually cost between $9-$18 dollars, depending on which brand you choose and how many tests are in each of the boxes.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bballbabe, I am going to close this thread because it is a double post. You may refer to it, but please continue this on the other thread in Body and Soul here
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.