Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » How to tell him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to tell him?
BabyGur15
Neophyte
Member # 26012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGur15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 15 and pregnent and i just found out how do i tell the dad ( my now ex-boyfriend)?
Posts: 2 | From: Archer City,Tx | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what's the situation here?

Was there a birth control failure, or was none used? What's your relationship like now?

Do you intend on terminating, doing adoption, or parenting? If it's the latter, do you want him to be involved? If it's the former, are you looking to him for help paying for the abortion?

Posts: 68232 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matatas finest
Neophyte
Member # 26077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matatas finest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i was pregnant at age 15 and i kept mi son now and i wudnt give him up for the world i was quite scared tellin the father aswell n we had broken up to he was upset at first but now he is proud of his son even tho we dont see thm tht much bt it is a very big life change and ur hole life style changes 4 the baby
Posts: 2 | From: new zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGur15
Neophyte
Member # 26012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGur15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and the dad are on again off again type of couple i plan on keeping it but my dad said i am never to talk or see him (billy the baby's dad) again. i want him to be involed but how can i cause of my dad? he real seems to want a baby but we never talked about this kind of stuff you know me getting pregnant
Posts: 2 | From: Archer City,Tx | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since you didn't answer my initial questions, it's a bit harder to know how to answer these.

But a partner who has unprotected sex yet never considers a possible pregnancy isn't exactly the greatest vote of confidence. And it's unsurprising that your father doesn't want you seeing this guy, especially if there are also other troubling factors in the mix like, for instance, if he's notably older than you are.

Had you yhet told him when contact was cut off? if so, how did that discussion go? Has he SAID he wants to be involved? You wanting him to doesn't mean he will be: the only real legal power you have is in obtaining child support funds, not co-parenting.

What I might suggest is asking your father is this guy can come to your house, is a supervised meeting between all of you to discuss this. Given your age and the fact that your folks are likely going to be the people who bear the most responsibility here, after you, and likely will trake care of a lot of financial and practical stuff, it's not invalid or out of line from them/him to be angry, to want to set firm limits.

Posts: 68232 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.