Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » My bestfriend/cousin is trying 2 get preg. at the age of 17..HOW DO I STOP HER??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My bestfriend/cousin is trying 2 get preg. at the age of 17..HOW DO I STOP HER??
MiSS_MaY
Neophyte
Member # 25906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiSS_MaY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okok.. she is 17 very young.. she has her whole life ahead of her...i also know she is not ready....
i'm 16 and i've been pregnat witch is one of the reasons why i turned 2 celibacy.. but anyway she is just in love.. witch by the he is an a**hole... but not ready for a kid.
i just think she should wait... i love her she is my buddy.. i dont wanna see her struggle thru her life with a kid...
what should i say or do??? i think i'm more stressed then her

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ultimately, you need to udnerstand that the decision is hers.

but yes, you can help her make a SMARTER decision by pointing out the pros and cons of having kids right now, and support her in finding alternatives to becoming a mommy right now.

• suggest to her things like a LOT of babysitting. if you have infants in your family, maybe your relatives will let her take care of the baby overnight.

• talk to her about the importance of preparation. ask her things like "what kind of clothes do you want you baby to wear, or what toys you'd want the baby to have." then ask her how she's going to make enough money to provide those things. also ask her how she's going to provide for herself because it's SELFISH to have a baby when you're still being raised by your parents 'cause that puts extra burden on her parents.

check out the following links for info about your cousin's situation
    I Want A Baby NOW!! http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000300.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000269.html

and if all else fails, maybe you can tell her parents what she's planning. she might get hella pissed off at you, but at least no innocent parties (like children who don't ask to be born into their wacked out situations) will be harmed.

------------------
    LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
    Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
    1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • Gumdrop Girl
    Scarleteen Volunteer
    Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    this one's worth reading, too http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/001108.html it'll give you lots of ammunition in any arguments with your cousin against having a kid.

------------------
    LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
    Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
    1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    MiSS_MaY
    Neophyte
    Member # 25906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiSS_MaY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    thanx 2 every1.... i 'm going 2 sit a have a talk with her 2night i'll keep u guys up

~may

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
    Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.