Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Sorry again...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sorry again...
kayblinky
Neophyte
Member # 25603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kayblinky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last Night me and my other had sex... well as you know I am on the nuva ring. I put the nuva ring in a couple hours later then when I took it out the wednesday before, this wednesday. (I don't Know if this could mean anything)
Anyways, I woke up the this morning to find that the nuva ring had slipped out and no where to be found. I immediatly wwent to my gyno and got another ring around noon.
Should I be getting a back up birth control, like plan B?
Sorry for asking again, I have just had a couple of bad luck weeks lately.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetheart, why are you not combining the ring with condoms, especially after all your worries last time?

Not only is that smart, as the ring isn't 100% effective and it provides NO STI protection whatsoever, it's sound per your own peace of mind to avoid all these worries and protect against typical foul-ups like this.

Per using EC or not, I'd suggest it, but you can also call your GYN and ask what he/she thinks, as I can't recall when you started using the ring.

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kayblinky
Neophyte
Member # 25603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kayblinky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
over a year ago... and my gyno did is not available on the weekends...
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can look for walk in clincs, sexual health clinics, and Planned Parenthoods in your area. If all else fails, the emergency department at your local hospital will be able to provide you w/ EC.

(Also, depending on your location, you may be able to get it over the counter [ie, anywhere in Canada, i believe]. Call your pharmacy and ask.)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 10-21-2005).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.