Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » results of my test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: results of my test
scaredsilly2
Activist
Member # 21893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredsilly2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had my withdrawal period last placebo week. I took a test this morning, which came out negative. I assumed I was pregnant because I've had breast tenderness for around a month already and been nauseous almost every day.

Needless to say I'm already on the pill and stuff but I'm having my doubts about the result of the pregnancy test. Could I have messed up?

I read the instructions before but I realized that you were supposed to put the cap back on after you took the urine sample. I did put it back on after the first minute or two. Would it affect my results?

Do you think personally I should retake it again or just assume it's correct?

------------------
the maker is surely one who makes themself

Posts: 146 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missxworldx
Neophyte
Member # 21364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missxworldx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have doubts i'd say take another test, and if the second one comes out negative then you're most likely not pregnant. I'm not really sure if the cap thing would affect the test or not, but if i were you i'd go ahead and take another one just to be sure.
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's usually not advisable to go by symptoms to tell if you're pregnant or not, since most symptoms linked to pregnancy are linked to another list of ailments the body can have regularly (ESPECIALLY nausea). Also, if your brain is even a little bit anxious about something (ie becoming pregnant) it has a tricky way of magnifying symptoms it knows are connected to a certain disease or condition.

Is there another reason you are suspecting pregnancy? Had you taken your birthcontrol correctly the entire month? You say you got your withdrawl bleed- if you did there's even less reason to suspect you could be pregnant.

If it has been 10-14 days from your risk, then the test result probably was accurate, on top of all these signs that say to me you shouldn't be worried at all.

Still, if it would further ease your mind, try another test in a week.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.