Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Might be pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Might be pregnant
xox_megg_xox
Neophyte
Member # 24418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xox_megg_xox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a chance that I might be pregnant..my period isn't late yet but I have this feeling and my boyfriend and I used the pull out method..I know that wasn't a very smart idea. I know I should wait a bit longer and then go and get a test but it has been almost a month now since we had sex and well I was just wondering what are some signs of being pregnant and how soon will they happen?

thanks

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't advise going by signs and 'feelings' ... Since it's been 10 days since your last risk, you can take a test now. Or you can wait until your period comes (or doesn't).

In the meantime, you need to be looking for a method of birth control that'll work well for you and your partner. Birth control pills, the patch and the nuvaring seem to be popular around here, and many pair hormonal methods w/ condoms, as backup.

Check out Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland: An easy chart of your birth control options for more info on your birth control options.

(Also, not only does unprotected put you at risk for pregnancy, it also puts you at risk for STDs. You and your partner need full STD screens, and need to be using condoms until you have two negative results.

More info on STDs;
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
Testing, Testing…)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 07-13-2005).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnonymousMew
Neophyte
Member # 24075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnonymousMew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the exact same problem! Wow. Except I know I don't have STDs, and neither does he. But I really need to know some symptoms of pregnancy! Because I am really worried, and my stomach has been feeling weird for these past few days.
Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnonymousMew
Neophyte
Member # 24075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnonymousMew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How late can you get an abortion?
Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xox_megg_xox
Neophyte
Member # 24418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xox_megg_xox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnonymousMew:
How late can you get an abortion?

I wish I could help you with that one but I can't. Where I live you cannot have an abortion and in my opinion that is really wrong that you cannot have it done, so I really know nothing about it. Referring to your other post about signs, here are some signs "Some early symptoms of pregnancy you may experience around the first month include: a missed period, general nausea, a feeling of tiredness, incresed appetite, and/or having to urinate more often, or feeling like you have to."

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AnonymousMew, if it's been 10-14 days since your last pregnancy risk, take a pregnancy test. It will be accurate by then.

Megg, I'm confused, I'll admit. You're listed in Canada, and abortions are available in Canada (and in some circumstances, they are even covered by provincial health care). What makes you say abortions aren't available here?

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xox_megg_xox
Neophyte
Member # 24418

quote:
Originally posted by wobblyheadedjane:
Megg, I'm confused, I'll admit. You're listed in Canada, and abortions are available in Canada (and in some circumstances, they are even covered by provincial health care). What makes you say abortions aren't available here?

Oh they are available in Canada just not in the province that I live in so if I was to want to get one I would have to travel outside of my province, which is an island to another province and since I do not have a car it is just a hassel..and I am sorry for confusing you and not making myself clear

wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I understand now. I did a quick search, and found out that in the Maritimes, many women have hoops to jump through in order to qualify for an abortion. Thank you for clarifying, I appreciate it.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.