Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant??
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 11 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think im pregnant an i just hae no idea on what the hell to do! I really need advice is abortion murder? Even if i'm only 15? I'm against abortion its wrong it's crucial! HELP! I'm falling apart!
Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coconut*~*
Neophyte
Member # 12714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coconut*~*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well first did you take a pregnancy test or do you just think you are? im Pro Choice but i do believe abortion is murder because if your mature enough to have sex then you should be able to deal with the consequences of your actions. adoption is another idea too and it will cost less because abortions arnt cheap.

Anyways why do you think you are pregnant? When was the last time you had unprotected sex and when were you supposed to have your next menstral cycle. Have you talked to and gyn? i sugest setting up a doctors appointment and have you told your boyfriend or your parents thats somthing else you need to think about. so just calm down because if your not calm logical thoughts do not go through your mind.

Posts: 16 | From: oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver1381
Activist
Member # 18771

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Silver1381     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way to know if you are pregnant or not is to take a pregancy test. You can do this 10-14 days after the sexual activity in question, or as soon as your first missed period. Try to calm down and see what the result of the test is before you jump to conclusions and worry about what to do next if you truly are pregnant.

Also, you didn't say what type of sexual activity you were engaging in or when this pregnancy risk occured, but if it's been 120 or fewer hours since the risk occured, you may still be able to get emergency contraception.

Posts: 123 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut, it is absolutely NOT acceptable to call abortion murder at this site. Ever. Not only is Scarleteen a pro-choice site, very clearly, and are users expected to either support ALL legal and available choices for those other than merely themselves, on a literal and academic level alone, not even getting into arguments about whether or not a fetus is a full human life, calling abortion murder is unsound, as malice is a primary component of murder, legally and literally.

Moreover, as we have explained to users numerous times, children are not punishments, they are, when born, whole, living beings. They are not a consequence or a punishment and approaching decisions on parenting as if they were is pretty darn dismissive of a child.

And BX, it's also not aceptable to say it's wrong here, any more than it would be acceptable for someone to say someone your age having sex at all is wrong. You want to say it's not what *you* want to do, fine.

If you, yourself, do not wish to abort a pregnancy or do not feek you would choose to, that is absolutely your right. But don't gring gross judgments about it here. Misrepresenting facts about choice is also unsound, as it isn't helpful to someone making choices. Adoption, in some scenarios, such as when it is arranged very early, can be less expensive than abortion, but in many cases, you will still need to prepare funds for prentatal care for a child you plan to carry to term, as well as for your own care while pregnant. No matter what reproductive choice someone is going to make after they become pregnant, money is going to be an issue, so that's something to prepare yourself for no matter what -- especially if you plan to deliver a healthy child -- if pregnancy is verified.

bxLadie, you've been here for quite some time, and have reported several times you have NOT been using birth control, but withdrawal, and told, umpteen times, this WILL eventually result in pregnancy. Like here, for instance: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/005246.html

So, a possible pregnancy should in no way be a shocker to you, and suffice it to say, our sympathy is often limited in this sort of scenario: when you choose to take big risks, this is the deal.

So, take a test, find out if you are pregnant, and get ready to make some decisions.

Posts: 67150 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Not to play Devil's advocate or nitpick, Miz S, but coconut did say pretty clearly that it was his/her opinion that abortion is murder--aren't these things allowed as they're clearly expressed as opinion?)
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(No.

And while that disallowal is well in line with our mission at Scarleteen overall, I'll gladly admit that a big part of it is my own personal issue: I work my buns off, for no pay, for this site and have for over five years now, no matter what, I'm the one ultimately accountable for all our content, and now and then, I make some executive choices in terms of -- essentially -- my work environment, which I can, because I'm the boss. That's pretty common: imagine, if you owned a house where your doors were open to everyone; you couldn't pick and choose who you invited in. It'd mean you'd needa good number of limits and boundaries, including a few absolutes, most likely, for your sanity and comfort as well as to keep your house from simply being trashed in the chaos. That's pretty much the case with an environment like this.

And with this issue, I simply do not want a workplace where I have to listen to that sort of violent and misleading hyperbole, and very much want to provide a place where not only I, but a multitude of people, can be somewhere where they don't have to deal with that in their faces for a change and truly CAN discuss EVERY available option with the confidence that they ALL are acceptable and legeal and avalable, which they are.

So, while on most issues, "I" statements are okay here in terms ofexpressing opinion and not judgement, not only in this case was avoiding a given choice because of personal opinion also being furthered, but in some cases, certain "I" statements just aren't going to be okay here, because I do not want them here. So, as with a statement like "It's my opinion that rape is a perfectly respectable historical tradition," or "It's my opinion that all teenagers having sex are trash," so is the case with "It's my opinion abortion is murder." There are simply some statements that aren't okay with me to voice here, and that's one of them.

I'm aware that sounds a little harsh, but I'm simply trying to be crystal clear here, because I have had to explain this here over the years more time than I should have, and I want to be sure it's understood, because I'm quite firm on that.)

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 09-06-2004).]

Posts: 67150 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bxladie, you need to see your doc or take a home pregnancy test. If the home test is positive, you absolutely, positively need to see a doc. No matter what you decide to do.

You have 3 options. All are very viable. It's a matter of figuring out which one is best for you and your situation.

When I was pregnant I found planned parenthood to be an amazing source of information and support. You can find your local PP at www.plannedparenthood.org

You have all kinds of decisions to make if you are indeed pregnant. First thing first though honey. Swallow that knot in your throat and take a pregnancy test. It's the only way to know for sure.

If the test comes out negative, then retest in 7 days if you are still not sure.

Good luck

------------------
I see our house mummy. You see it, the one with the roof?

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Thanks for clarifying Ms. S. Totally understandable, I was just wondering where the boundaries on that particular issue were and why/how they were different from other issues. Sorry.)

------------------
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 10 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK -YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT IT REALLY MEANS ALOT!!!
It feels good to be able to come and talk to many females across te country and have advice that is not onl usefull but most likely accurate!

Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pookiebx
Neophyte
Member # 19919

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pookiebx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so are you pregnant?
Posts: 1 | From: bronx, ny | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia
Neophyte
Member # 28974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well your only 15 so take a pregnancy test and see if u are if it says you are then you have to deside if u have enough money to raise this kid and whos going to help you, you could also put it up for adopotion.
Posts: 3 | From: canada | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, this thread is over a year old, and it's highly unlikely the original poster is reading anymore. Please try to stick to current topics, okay?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.