Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Ok So I Took The Test....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ok So I Took The Test....
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive havent had my period in over three months and i have always been very regular all my life (to the point to when i could tell exactly what day id have it) well i took a pregnancy test and it came up neg. then i took another one a week later and it still is neg....could both of those tests be wrong? if i am id be 3 months now and ive gained alot of weight all of a sudden in my stomack and my hips have widened so much that ive jumped from a pants size 3 to a 7 within a couple months.....could those test be wrong and if not what could be wrong wit me? HELP!!! IM SCARED!!!
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't say how old you are but the widening of a woman's hips is a natural occurance during puberty as the body changes from that of a child to that of an adult.

If you are really scared that your home pregnancy tests are in error, now is the time to see your physician or Planned Parenthood. If you are indeed pregnant, you need to be on prenatal care. If you are not, you still need to know why your periods have stopped.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im 17...i kind of thought that im over puberty...i mean ive stopped growing and stuff
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not completely. Many women continue to expand and become curvier through their twenties. Very few women will wear the same size at age 25 that they did at age 16.

I second Bobolink's advice; at this point, you should see a medical professional.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something similar happened to me a few years ago. i completely stopped having a period for about 4 months (after being fairly regular for 10 years!). i was not sexually active so i knew that i didn't have a pregnancy risk. i also gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time. my regular doctor couldn't really find any specific cause for this to happen so she just put me on the Pill and that regulated my period (and worked nicely because i've been on it since and my period has been short and light). Anyway, something was still very wrong so i went to an endocrinologist who diagnosed me with an underactive thyroid. he also said that i had polycystic ovaries (had an ultrasound) and those two problems can cause your period to mess up and also cause weight gain.
so definitely see you doctor and ask them to run some tests on your thyroid and also check for polycystic ovaries just to see if that could possibly be the cause of your missing period and weight gain.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.