Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » ¿Stress and the Baby?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ¿Stress and the Baby?
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so confused right now...I read up on those Baby sites. I understand it, but its says stressing out is bad for a baby...is that true...b/c I've been stressing for a week now...I'm soooooo depressed. I just want to know how is stressing bad for a baby?...Will it a affect my baby???since im only like 3 weeks pregnant.I hope it won't...I'm confused I never heard this before until now...

------------------
Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"only like three weeks" -- Have you not been to see a doctor yet, Evers? Your past posts would suggest you were more like six weeks. I highly suggest you seek medical attention if you truly are pregnant.

To answer your question, there's an article at webMD here that answers it pretty in-depth.

My OB told me to try to avoid stressful situations when I was pregnant, and I did. It was an extremely easy pregnancy. I think there's definitely something to that.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks maybe I'll cool it down a little...So much stuff to do in so little time.

------------------
Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Evers, at this point, we're confused too, because a lot of what you've been posting isn't jelling -- you say three weeks now, but the incidents you reported which may have resulted in pregnancy was now over weeks ago, which, if you were pregnant, would make you anywhere from 2 months to six weeks pregnant, not three -- and to boot, you keep continually evading questions we've been asking in various posts, like when and if you did finally get a verified positive test and if you have yet seen a doctor.

If you have not yet done either of those things, especially if you may be pregnant and DO intend to bring a child to term, you need to do so, for your health and that of the possible fetus.)

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its been like 6 weeks as of today...I found out three weeks ago...Thats what I'm trying to say...sorry For the confusion...I am in knots myself
------------------

[This message has been edited by EversBoo15 (edited 03-12-2004).]

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen a doctor yet?

If you're pregnant, you need to see a doctor a.s.a.p. so that you can start getting pre-natal care to protect your health and that of the fetus.

And I'm still not sure from your posts if you've had definite confirmation that you are pregnant or not. In this post, you said that your gyn had run a test which said you were not pregnant.

If you think you're pregnant, but haven't seen a doctor since then, then you really need to head back to the gyn for another test, and so that you can start getting pre-natal care if you are pregnant.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen her yet...I took ept pregnancy home test thingy..About three weeks ago it said i was. So I'll try to get a app. at the gyn A.S.A.P.....Thanks

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.