Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy?
sabprincess123
Neophyte
Member # 17084

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sabprincess123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible for a person to show symtoms of being pregnant after a week? Because I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time 8 days ago and just in the last couple of days i've been geting really dizzy and feeling very sick to my stomach. My boyfriends mom said that symtomes when having twins start showing earlier (twins run in both of our family's plus she's had twins)Does any one know if this is true?
Posts: 3 | From: Fairview,OR , USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not possible for someone to be showing symptoms of pregnancy after only a week- if someone is pregnant and at the one week mark, the embryo is still a pretty tiny cluster of cells. Also, some women can go through an entire pregnancy without having classics signs, like nausea, etc.

If you're worried about pregnancy, wait a few more days and take a pregnancy test (10-14 days before a test is accurate). That's the clearest symptom of a pregnancy you can get at this point.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XCatFightX
Activist
Member # 14419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XCatFightX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't matter how tiny the embryo is, it's the level of HCG in a woman's system that causes pregnancy symptoms and that level can become quite high when the embryo is still quite tiny-some women are very sensitive to their bodies and DO start showing symptoms as early as 8 days post ovulation. If implantation was early, HCG could have been being produced in the body for 48-72 hours at that point. It's rare, but it happens.

I was pregnant with twins this last fall/winter and while I did have the worst stomach upsets and exhaustion, I didn't experience symptoms until I was about 5.5 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy symptoms can be more intense in twin pregnancies because of the increased level of the pregnancy hormone HCG.

------------------
"My art forgot her tampon and she's bleeding through her jeans, yeah my art don't need no tampon she'll just bleed through her jeans"-Alix Olson

[This message has been edited by XCatFightX (edited 03-06-2004).]

Posts: 47 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sabprincess123
Neophyte
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sabprincess123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx I'm taking a HPT today to find out for sure weather or not i am pregnant my boyfriends mom is getting the test for me she is excited to even thought she is going to be a pretty young grandma if I am. I can't wait to find out neither can my boyfriend we both love kids.
Posts: 3 | From: Fairview,OR , USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.