Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » dealing with some kind of situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dealing with some kind of situation
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Well since the last time I posted, I just thought that I should post an "updated" thing in here but I still need help. I know you guys arent a doctor but has more experience than I have. However its been 4 days since I haven't got it and I took a PT (if you know what i mean) and it came back postive but one line came faint though, so what does that mean.. should I take a test again in 2 days later? Im planning on taking it again ebcause it almost a week I havent got it. I was shock that it would came back postive becuase the past test came back negative. I would assume that its been 1 week I havent got my menstruation yet but however, what do you think? should I wait again to test again? how long? .. I know I have so many question. Im pretty much disappointed in a lot of things right know because Im going out for softball on friday which is a try out week and you know how softball is.. if you know what i mean.. you slide and stuff like that. Well I dont know what to do.. could you help me out here?
A dissapointed gal

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you might wait a week before taking the next test (?) That is my suggestion, first of all. Second, did you take the test in the morning? Urine tests are most likely to give an accurate reading if they are performed first thing in the morning. If you absolutely cannot wait to take another test, I would suggest seeing an OB/GYN and request that a blood test be run. Tests performed by a physician are less likely to have errors, and blood testing for pregnancy can be performed sooner than urine tests and yield equally accurate results.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,

in fact, yes I did... are you currently online on any aim or anything so we can easily commumnicate easier.

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, we don't allow users to swap AIM or any other sort of screennames using our forums. You'll have to communicate here.

A positive is a positive, no matter how faint. You can test again as soon as you like; and honestly, this is one of those the-sooner-the-better situations.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer your question, 'Piper, I'm usually online. I'm too pregnant to work right now and live with my quasi-boyfriend (we're together but we're not)
The last time I actually took a home pregnancy test I was 18 and still in high school. It showed a negative, however, the brand I was using offered a backup test which I employed a week later. The second test also showed negative, so it was safe to say there was nothing to worry about.
If at all possible, I would recommend waiting at a minimum 3 days before taking a second test. If it continues to show mixed results, you may want to ask a physician. While I am "moderately" educated, that is, I graduated high school 3 years ago and served nearly 3 years in the military, I am not an expert and woudnt want anyone to take my words as any more than an opinion.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedmom
Neophyte
Member # 15351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A positive is a positive, no matter how faint.

I just have to say something about this. A while ago, a friend of mine thought she was pregnant, asked me to come over and she took a PT. I was there with her when she looked at it and it was a positive, she wanted a second opinion so I told her about Planned Parenthood, because she didn't have a doctor here at the time. We went together and it came up as a negative. I always thought that there could never be a false positive, but I've seen it with my own eyes.

Posts: 21 | From: Regina, SK, Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's possible, but it usually comes from leaving a test too long, using one that's expired, or being on certain drugs that very few people around here would be on. Basically, false positives can come from misusing a test, or things a doctor should have already warned you about, so as long as you read the instructions, they shouldn't be something you have to worry about.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always going to be this grey

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.