Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » just curious

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just curious
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Im just a lil curious because I usually get my period every 28 days and now I didnt .. and I missed it .. which was yesterday (29th).. I never got it.. Im still hoping that I would get it.. because I had unprotected sex 2 wks ago and I didnt think it would happen to me.. and I dont match any symptom at all .. so ??

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had unprotected sex, you have a pregnancy risk. Many women don't show "symptoms" during the early stages of their pregnancy, so it's possible that you could be pregnant and just not noticing anything different.

A pregnancy test will be accurate. Take one.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too normally had a period every 28 days, on the money. However, you can be "late", this is very common, especially in sexually active women. Are you dieting, or have you begun a new exercise program? Both of these can cause late or even absent periods. However, you may not be able to tell whether or not you are pregnant for 2-4 weeks, unfortunately. Certain levels of hCG are required for a positive pregnancy test, so it is very possible that if you take a test before that time, it may read a false-negative.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A reliable brand of a home pregnancy test will test positive after 14days after unprotected sex. If you take a test, and it comes out negative and you don't get your period, test again in a week (you may have miscalculated), or see your doc. A blood test will test positive a lot earlier.

By having unprotected risk, you have put yourself at a high pregnancy and STD risk. You definetely need to see your doc to get a pregnancy test, and to STD screenings. Your sexual health is not something to take lightly my dear. While you are seeing your doc, you should discuss birth control options. Here are some websites for you:

What's your risk? http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

STI information http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/articles.html

Best of luck

------------------
Mommy, my boogers are yummy. Here try some! (I real conversation with my 2.5 year old)

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.