Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » im friggin worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im friggin worried
CrazyHaLo
Neophyte
Member # 16490

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CrazyHaLo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
umm..how can I say this..
well last week, I had sex with my boyfriend and stupid I know, we didnt have protected sex (i dont know what got into me..but it was probably like 10 seconds or something) i know there is a high risk of me getting pregnant, but i dont even know if his penis penetrated. He said that he didnt feel ANYTHING AT ALL coz it was his first time and didnt know what to do (note that he said he didnt feel like he came out, even if its that pre-ejaculated thing) I didnt feel anything either..didnt hurt or anything..i just felt him trying to put it in but nothing else whatsoever.

like i said it's been a week and now im feeling cramps...im suppose to have my period next week and i have no idea if its because of my period or something else. Im still having vaginal discharge (white and thing), but I dont know if that can be a significant factor..sorry you guys, im totally clueless on this

Im just so confused so can someone like help me out please? this is actually my first time and like i dont know what to do...the guilt and anxiety is just overwhelming. I would appreciate anyone's help..just reply..someone

[This message has been edited by CrazyHaLo (edited 01-27-2004).]

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it's too late for EC, the best you can do right now is wait a few more days, then when it has been at least ten days since the incident, take a pregnancy test.

Really, we can't ruminate if you are or you aren't. Clearly you did have unprotected genital contact, so you do have a risk.

You and your partner will also want to schedule yourselves to start your annual STD and STI screens about a month from now as well.

I'd also suggest both picking up a box of condoms and a bottle of lubricant and having a talk with your partner about having sex responsibly if you're going to continue to be sexually active.

I'm afraid that's the best we can do.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyHaLo
Neophyte
Member # 16490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyHaLo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you much...im going to take a pregnancy test this coming friday. But out of curiosity, is it common to get symptoms the first week? does this involve some type of cramping or a change on vaginal discharge? and one of my friends told me I couldn't be because it didnt hurt at all anyway (she said it always hurts first time)..is that true in all circumstances? sorry so many questions, but thank you in advance; i really appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by CrazyHaLo (edited 01-29-2004).]

[This message has been edited by CrazyHaLo (edited 01-29-2004).]

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No - in fact a pregnancy generally won't show any symptoms at all this early on.

And your friend is wrong: first-time intercourse isn't always painful. Some women may experience some pain, others don't.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyHaLo
Neophyte
Member # 16490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyHaLo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohh thanks thanks ..coz i just took the test and its a negative. I guess my cramps are due to my upcoming period, due this coming feb. ((hopefully)) It's weird though that my cramps make my abdomen growl...thats what basically got me worried coz I never had those before. Anyway, ill take another test if i dont get my period...thank you for all the help, you girLs are the best *hug*

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.