Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » i don't know what's going on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i don't know what's going on
ladylittlejohn
Neophyte
Member # 16284

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ladylittlejohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 26 days late and I don't know why. Me and my boyfriend have sex and we don't always use a condom, but he never cums in me. I took a test 10 days ago, but it was negative. I thought I was about to start my period last week because I was cramping, but it stopped and I didn't get it. I've been feeling kinda sick, but it might just be nerves. What do I do? What do you think? I need some help.
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Withdrawal is not a method of brith control, any more than having intercourse WITHOUT withdrawing is.

In other words, you have had high pregnancy risks (as well as STD and STI risks, so you need to start getting screened for those every year now, as does your partner).

If you have had intercourse again in these last ten - twenty days, take another test. Understand that any one test can only apply to risks at minimum 10 days before a test is taken.

If your test still comes up negative, I'd advise seeing your gynecologist (which you need to anyway for those STI screens).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you took the pregnancy test, was it at least 10 days since you last had sex? Taking a test too early makes it more likely to give a "false negative" (saying you're not pregnant when you are).

Either way, I'd recommend that you take a second pregnancy test right away.

Having unprotected sex gives you a pregnancy risk even the guy doesn't actually ejaculate in your vagina - pre-ejaculate can contain sperm too.

It also gives you a potential STD risk, so you and your boyfriend need to plan on getting screened in the future.

If the second test says you're not pregnant, then stock up on condoms, and check out these articles:

MIA or Dude, Where's My Period?
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Margaret Sanger's Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

{Mindmeld! }

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 01-17-2004).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladylittlejohn
Neophyte
Member # 16284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladylittlejohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm 31 days late now, but I did take another test. It was negative again. I know I don't have an STI. Tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to start for the next month. Is there any way I am pregnant, or do you think I just skipped the month? I'm still confused. My breasts have been TENDER, and I've had some weird discharge. I've been cramping a little bit for the past couple days, but not much. I still need help. Please reply.
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i would say since both your home pregnancy tests were negative. I would say get yourself down to the clinic ASAP and have a test taken there especially now you are experiencing some of the symptoms.

Also i noticed when u said that your bf never comes in you when you have sex but it's possible that he may have came and not noticed it--maybe not the full ejaculation but precum can make one pregnant since your bf's penis was inside the vagina.

------------------
~Jules

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 01-22-2004).]

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.