Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I was wondering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was wondering?
blaze_of_glory1985
Neophyte
Member # 8770

Icon 5 posted      Profile for blaze_of_glory1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen a few people/articles about wanting a baby at the age of 14, girls that is, but what about boys.
I've always wanted, yearned after a kid but ive not pursued it (mainly due to financial reasons)
i was wondering if this is unusual, as it seems as though its mainly girls who want babys badly.

Posts: 13 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 5 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how old are you Blaze_of_glory?
I think it's normal for guys to want to have baby's at a young age, but for those who do, they always think of the financial situation I've noticed...at least, my boyfriend did as well...hmmm interesting..

Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Girls contemplate having a child a lot more I think. I think it is sort of a biological clock ticking type of thing. I can remember being 18 and bringing it up to my then boyfriend. I had thought we would be together forever. He freaked out, needless to say. I think guys think they have their whole lives ahead of them, whereas females realize they aren't going to be fertile forever. I also think part of it is a maturity thing. It's a fact that girls mature faster then boyz, so they think they are ready earlier.

Personally (based on observations, and personal experieces), I think young women/teenagers, want children because it is a novelity, and they want someone to love them unconditionally. Afterall, the teenage years aren't easy, and sometimes it feels like having a child to love you unconditionally would solve all your emotional problems. If only I could tell every single one of them, what it is like to have a child! *sigh*

Well, that is how I view the world.

When the time is right for you to have a child, you will know it.

Tootles

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blaze_of_glory1985
Neophyte
Member # 8770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blaze_of_glory1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
west, im 16,17 in a couple of months, i think of the finacial reason, as i would hate to bring up a child in poverty, ive seen so many children in poverty, and its horrible, when finacialy secure (shouldnt be too long, got a good job now, need a flat of my own though) i will probably want a baby even more

Posts: 13 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelicmadrigal
Activist
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelicmadrigal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me tell you a story. When I was 19...a freshman in college. I fell in love with the guy I KNEW I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

About 2 months into our relathionship we got engaged, and a month after that we BOTh decided we wanted a baby.

YOu know what happened? Once we actually thouht I was pregnant it was DEFIATELY not the way we thought it wowuld be. WE both got a REALITY check. We hadn't finished college at a 26,0000 dollar a year university and we couldn't handle it. It became a HUGE point of contention between the two of us. And mae ME...the one who wanted the baby the most a nerveous wreck, and we're not together anymore..thankfully.

Anyway the point was we BOTH originally wanted the baby, so the answer to your question is. Both..at least in that case.

Posts: 100 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.