Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I need real stories for a project!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need real stories for a project!!!
Jen_Sexer
Neophyte
Member # 8088

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jen_Sexer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
I am doing this project for biology and I want to obtain factual information from people who have been or are currently in in this kind of situation. ( pregnant girlfriend, does father stick around?). It would be very helpful.
Thank You
-Jen

Posts: 6 | From: Scottsdale, AZ, United States | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While anyone here is welcome (and encouraged!) to share their story, you can also find lots of stories from young women in different parenting situations (Homosexual couples, single parents, parents with partners, etc) at thegirlMom message boards.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen_Sexer
Neophyte
Member # 8088

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Jen_Sexer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay look I am doing this because I know people are honest. Hopefully people will be loving and give me some of their story.
-Jen

Posts: 6 | From: Scottsdale, AZ, United States | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I am trying to do is direct you to an additional source of stories that already exist on the web, so you will have something to read while waiting for people here to post their stories. girlMom has a much larger base of young moms as well, so it may be awhile before anyone here is able to post their story. There's no need to be angry, I am just trying to help.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen_Sexer
Neophyte
Member # 8088

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jen_Sexer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
I wasn't trying to mean I just need some other resources other then that website, it is a help thank you, but it would be alot better if I had acutally posts with the stories, because posts are posted at that time... and it would broaden my horizon alittle bit more.
Thanks again.
-Jen

frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got pregnat by my boyfriend whn i was 14 years old. before my son was two his father cheated on me like three times, when i found out about it (his brother told me) i broke up with him. well since he wasnt with me he has not seen my son since my sons 2nd birthday. and then i got pregnant at 17 and got married right before i turned 19 my husband took my son in as his own child. now my son calls him daddy even though he knowsthat that is not his real daddy. my husband and i are seperated now but my huband till sees my son on a regular basis an still considers him as his son. and he still wants to adopt him. now i am looking for my sons biological father so my husband can adopt my son. the point is as lng as me and my sons father were together he was a good dad and as soon as we broke up he wanted nothing to do with my son.
Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen,
I think what Aria is trying to say is that the stories are out there, both on the girlMom boards and these boards, but you're going to have to look for them. The search function is at the upper right hand corner of the page, in little pink letters.

Please don't ask us to do your research for you, but if you go and look and can't find what you're looking for (which I highly doubt will be the case) then come back and ask again. ;] I'm trying not to be snarky, but we've had a lot of requests from people not wanting to look things up lately.

Thanks.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the girlmom website, there is a forum where girls have posted their stories about their pregnancies.

we were only trying to help you.

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.