Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
sweetie with a smile
Neophyte
Member # 7669

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sweetie with a smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I AM FREAKIN OUT I JUST FOUND OUT I AM PREGNANT FROM A HOMEE PREGNANCY TEST, MY PARENTS HATE ME AS IT IS, AND I DONT KOW HOW TO TELL MY BF.... HELP ME PLEASE
Posts: 20 | From: kingston,on,canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimmers n' such
Neophyte
Member # 6816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shimmers n' such     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie,

First, take a nice deep breath. Ok, next, was protection used and it broke, or was it unprotected? Either way, you should get tested for STD's. Gives you one less thing to fret over.
Now, onto your situation. It's unfortunate that you have to deal with something so huge when you aren't prepared for it. You have many options to look into. I'd say getting to a doctor would be a good idea to ensure your health and the health of the child. From there, it is up to you what to do. Is abortion against your morals? How about adoption? If you are willing to keep the child, be sure it is what you want. Can you support it, provide for it accordingly?
As for your parents, they may surprise you. Maybe they will understand and help you. This is not something you did to spite them, they need to understand that.Your boyfriend, being the father, really needs to be told. He can help you in this situation, for support, and in many other areas. You need all the support you can get right now. Maybe going to a support group might also be of assistance. Things will get a lot easier when people are there to help you.

[This message has been edited by shimmers n' such (edited 04-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by shimmers n' such (edited 04-04-2002).]

Posts: 33 | From: Ice Castle, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sound advice from Shimmers ...

Take a deep breath, okay? You may need some time to sort stuff out for yourself before you go telling other people, and that's fine, just don't let it drag on for too long, as if it actually were a secret (it's not, it shouldn't have to be) ...

Maybe you can go to a guidance counselor or older friend who might be able to 'guide' you through this. Having someone w/ you to tell your parents/bf may give you strength and make your parents/bf think before reacting.

Lastly, as shimmer also said, you need to see a doctor for a blood test and such. If you and your partner haven't been monogomous and STD free for at least a year, you should also both look at getting a round of STD screens.

There are a bunch of pregnancy crisis centres in your area, which you can find here and here, if you'd like.

Best of luck

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetie with a smile
Neophyte
Member # 7669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetie with a smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks i really apreciated geting those responses i had my b/f come over and i told him everything.. he was soooooooo good about it ... i told him how i was so scared and alll the things i had been thinkin.... he completley understood but he felt awful... he looked like he was gonna cry harder then me.. he felt like it was his fault .... anyways thanks once again..
Posts: 20 | From: kingston,on,canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw sweetie,

I'm glad everything turned out alright with your boyfriend...see, now wasn't that better than you thought it would be?

Hopefully, you will have the same good luck when you tell your parents

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was absolutely petrified to tell my parents I was pregnant. My mother has super strict feelings towards onwed pregnancies (her being from one and all) Plus dads being dads! But my parents surprised me from the moment I said "It wasn't planned but I am pregnant" Full of support, but not advice. They discussed my options with me, but never once pressured me to make a certain choice. It was always mine and my boyfriend's choice. My father commented on how hard it must have been to keep this in, and how relieved I must be to have it out in the open. They were completely supportive. I only wish I had told them sooner. It will work out. Parents can surprise you.
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 4 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's really important to point out that having a baby is not a death sentence. There IS life after baby.

There is TONS of outside support for young parents.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision - making.

take care
[nn]

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann02
Activist
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Parents do tend to surprise you! After my mom found out about my pregnancy she said that she was shocked and disappointed. She also said that we would get through it together. She was very supported and there for me every step of the way.
Posts: 54 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshineblossom
Neophyte
Member # 7505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshineblossom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats what happened to me too. when i told my parents i thought that they were going to kill me but they totally surprized me. give ur parents a chance and good luck!!

------------------
Desiree

"Kiss a frog....it just might be a prince"

Posts: 8 | From: tx | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.