Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant friend
jessica15
Neophyte
Member # 5852

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jessica15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a very good friend who is like 7 1/2 months pregnant she is 18.....but i and she was wondering what will she suspect when her baby comes,,,,,such as pain,,labor pains,,,if it is gonna hurt having the baby..what maybe it will possibly feel like if any of yall's have had a baby...t/y

------------------

Posts: 25 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This prolly belongs in pregnancy and parenting...someone move please.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it. Moving to Pregnancy and Parenting.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com.
"Did you see my friend? He couldn't believe it, 'The girls are holding hands, the girls are holding hands!' Don't be a fool, it's 1995, the girls are just friends." --Belle and Sebastian, "Photo Jenny"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is she going to ante-natal classes? I'm not a mum or anything, it just seems that by 7 and a half months she should have been recieving support, including guidance on what to expect before the birth.
I would also suggest she reads up on it. I'm sure some of the wonderful mother's around here will have some recommended books for her, as well as their personal experiences.

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 4 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know... this is a great opportunity to go to the library, and get a book on pregnancy/labour.

When i was pregnant, it put me at so much ease just KNOWING what to expect during labour.

I or some of the other moms could post at length about labour and delivery - but you'd get a lot more information from a book.

take care!

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto what Nancy said about going to a library.

For learning about pregnancy and childbirth, I'm a big fan of Dr. William Sears. My favorite pregnancy/labor books are The Birth Bookand The Pregnancy Book by William and Martha Sears. The Birth Book was especially helpful -- it covered all types of childbirth situation, not just hospital births, and it covered all types of pain management, not just drugs and epidurals.

A good website for her to try would be http://www.askdrsears.com, especially the pregnancy section.

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 11-14-2001).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessica15
Neophyte
Member # 5852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessica15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i reslly didn't mean that she wants to know...she knows it all i wass just wondering what she will bev expecting!!!!get the picture......t/y

------------------

Posts: 25 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 4 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even still, the best place to find this info is from books.

I don't even see the difference between wanting to know, and wondering what to expect?

i'm not trying to be nasty or anything... I experienced some freakish thing after i'd given birth, and seriously i'd forgotten how awful it was. Realistically i KNOW it was painful, tiring and hard - but afterward all you can think about is how fantastic your baby is... and what a miracle life really is...

anyhow, i still think it's a really good idea to take a trip to the library.

I recommend the book 'birthing from within' the author's name escapes me right now... I thought it was fabulous

you and your friend take care, now!

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah it's going to hurt. Duh.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morgan ~

Your response was inappropriate. If you do not have anything contstructive to say, please don't post, as you're only wasting bandwidth, which wastes time and money in the long run.

Please review the guidelines
When posting, you are expected to be respectful of your fellow posters and our staff, and to use language which is unlikely to offend anyone, which is not salacious or overly explicit, and which encourages intelligent, safe and mature discussion of the issues at hand.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend just had a baby boy TODAY!

I've been writing here since she was about 7 months pregnant...

I'm here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000148.html

Lots of people have given me advice and stuff, so you might want to check that out...

Best of luck to your friend!

------------------
~Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.