Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Weird spot/lump down there :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird spot/lump down there :(
bubbabee
Neophyte
Member # 96010

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bubbabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a spot, or a lump, or some weird red thing downstairs, between my vagina and my anus, it seems quite large, and sometimes it bleeds. I've tried squeezing it like a spot but it just makes it really hurt. Any help?
Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unusual spots or bumps are always best checked out by a doctor. We're not doctors and even if we were, we cannot make diagnoses over the internet. So, your best bet is to make an appointment with your doctor. In the meantime, try not to squeeze it - if it is indeed infectious, you'll only spread it further.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9179 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubbabee
Neophyte
Member # 96010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you think it's probably best not just to leave it, and see if it goes? I don't really want to go to the doctor, it just seems really strange. No one, except when I was a baby has seen me!
Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If something (a bump, a wierd new pain, etc) does not go away on its own within a couple of days, it is always a good idea to have it looked at by a doctor. It might be nothing, but only a doctor can decide that.

Going to see a doctor shouldn't have to be embarrassing: they see other peoples' bodies all day every day, and it is really hard to shock them or make them uncomfortable.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9179 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.