Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Any reason why I might feel this way??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any reason why I might feel this way??
1996Shan
Neophyte
Member # 48731

Icon 11 posted      Profile for 1996Shan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Lately I've been feeling like nothing matters anymore. It's as if I don't care about anything. I have also been really quiet lately. I've started crying with no reason. The only change in my life lately is that I've been trying to eat more healthy. I thought that was supposed to make you feel good, haha. I was just wondering if you have any idea why I may feel like this or what I can do about it.

Posts: 13 | From: N.S. Canada | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1996Shan
Neophyte
Member # 48731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996Shan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also been having about 2-3 headaches a week lately.
Posts: 13 | From: N.S. Canada | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obi
Activist
Member # 39222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been feeling this way? A lot of these are signs of depression and/or anxiety. Sometimes these are connected to or exacerbated by something in our life and sometimes they can be primarily biologically based (i.e. independent of what's going on around you).

If you'd like, I have dealt with both depression and anxiety (as well as general stress) in the past and would talk a bit with you if you're interested. Also, do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about these things or about finding outside help?

Posts: 46 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1996Shan
Neophyte
Member # 48731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996Shan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hgave felt this way for about 2 weeks. I don't really have anybody around to talk to. I would feel too uncomfortable talking to people I know well enough to even consider an option.
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Shan! It sounds like what would be really good for you is to talk to a counsellor or therapist. If you're in high school or college, too, it's likely that you have access to counselling for free. Do you know if there is someone like that you'd be able to talk to, and is that something you've considered?

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shan, would you consider talking to a doctor?

Sometimes depression and anxiety can have physical causes, and it would be worth a check to see if those are coming into play. Also, you mention 2-3 headaches a week, and depending on how bad the headaches are and how long they last, those could be a factor as well. Finally, there's the issue of dietary changes, and what eating more healthy means to you - you could be short on iron or some other key nutrient.

Two weeks is not a very long time, and it makes me think that a hard look at recent changes in your life might help track down a cause for the way you feel right now. You do have some classic symptoms of depression and anxiety, but those are also classic symptoms of a bunch of other things, which need to be ruled out first.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketrel
Activist
Member # 49204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ketrel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mentioned that you are trying to eat healthier. Did you significantly reduce carbohydrates? This can impact serotonin levels which could definitely point to depression.
Posts: 123 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1996Shan
Neophyte
Member # 48731

I have reduced my intake of carbohydrates yes. Thanks to everyone for your timely responses. I am in high school but it is really hard to get to see a counsellor at our school as there is only one who is very busy. I'll wait a while and see if I come out of this. If not, then I will take some further measures and maybe talk to my doctor.
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please just keep in mind that there are counseling options besides the counselor at your school, okay?
Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1996Shan
Neophyte
Member # 48731

I will. Thank you very mucb! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.