Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Abdominal pain on 2nd day of periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abdominal pain on 2nd day of periods
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,i am a 21 year old virgin.i have irregular periods.my problem is,on second day of my periods, i experience a lot of pain in my lower abdomen for like 2 to 3 hours and then it automatically gets back to normal.but those 2 hrs are unbearable.i had consulted a doctor but he said its normal.nothing to worry about it.can anyone tell me,why i get that unbearable stomach pain? Is there any way to reduce that pain?
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you have that pain, how do you manage it? Are you taking any medication when it happens? If so, is it helping? What about things like a hot water bottle, some restorative yoga....?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i am not using any medicines for it.but i use hot pan covered with a towel and lie down on it.and as time passes by the pain lowers and goes away.but those two hours are damn difficult.
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how about you try taking an analgesic and see what that does? That would probably help a lot (I have incredibly painful periods myself, the whole time I have then, and that does a lot even with days of intense pain, even though it doesn't knock it out completely). Naproxen sodium or ibuprofen are the types that usually work best for menstrual cramps.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is analgesic? I am not aware of that..can you please explain?
Heather
Member # 3

An over-the-counter pain medication.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Ok.but is this pain normal? Like does most of the women face this kind of pain?
Heather
Member # 3

Menstrual cramps are incredibly common, and I'd even say that having only two hours of them one day of a period is actually less common.

In other words, that more people have some level of cramping with periods for longer than that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Alright.. I will try using the thing which you have suggested. Lets see if that work out. Can i get that at chemist or pharmarist shop?
Heather
Member # 3

You should be able to get naproxen or ibuprofen at any pharmacy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Thanks a lot for helping me out :-)
flagchick
Neophyte
Member # 61441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flagchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that happens to me too! usually for 3-5 hours and then it just goes away. i carry ibuprofen with me to manage the pain and it helps a lot!!
Posts: 26 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.