Donate Now
We've Moved!">Check out our
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sticky Yellowish Discharge Ovulating on Pill?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sticky Yellowish Discharge Ovulating on Pill?!
hottie123
Activist
Member # 38432

Icon 4 posted      Profile for hottie123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on my first week of this pack of pills, I started on Sunday. Today I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I noticed a sticky yellowish/transparent discharge. It looks very much like the one I used to have before I started on the pill and was ovulating. Does this mean I'm ovulating while on the pill? While on my withdrawl bleed on Saturday I used my fingers to touch myself, fingers that might have had a little semen on them though I'm pretty sure it was dry and I didn't put my fingers inside me. Is there any pregnancy risk?
Posts: 76 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fertile mucous is not sticky or yellowish: it's very fluid and clear.

Mind, no kind of discharge means you're ovulating while using the pill. As well, discharges can change when on the pill just like when off of it: the pill isn't controlling your whole vagina and reproductive system, after all, it's just influencing it in ways that reduce the risk of pregnancy.

The pill is 92% effective in typical use and over 99% effective with perfect use. As well, manual sex does not present pregnancy risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hottie123
Activist
Member # 38432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hottie123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be some type of fungus or infection? I've had no pain or itchiness or any other symptom.
Posts: 76 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you up to date with your sexual healthcare in general? If so, has anything changed since your last visit: a change in partner, any other habits, etc?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hottie123
Activist
Member # 38432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hottie123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I've only had one partner. I had my check-up and PAP test about a month ago and everything was fine. I've had this gelatinous type discharge before, but it's been a while.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given there's no itchiness, if there is not a bad odor or any other symptom of an infection it may just be a change in discharge that's normal. Keep an eye on it, if you start to notice a bad smell or any other symptoms (or becomes more profuse) check in with a doctor.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.