Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Not feeling so "Hot"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not feeling so "Hot"
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Icon 9 posted      Profile for wifey_type_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well im 21 & im kinda overweight. And lately its been bothering me. I like this guy & he likes me but im scared about the way my body looks. Im short { 5'2") & i weight over 200 pounds but for some reason i dont look like i weigh that much but i sometimes i wonder why he likes me cause not alot of guys like girls my size. Anything i can do to lose weight cause im very disgusted when i look at myself . [Frown]
Posts: 84 | From: Montgomery | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry that you're feeling bad about your appearance. However, I'm not surprised at all that this guy finds you attractive. Even though the media often spreads the message that only a certain body type/appearance is attractive, real-life people are attracted to all sorts of different bodies/appearances. Some people find smaller people attractive, some find larger people attractive, some like long hair, some like short hair... I could go on and on.

The link below is to a thread that might be helpful to you:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/008255.html

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read this, also: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_a_guy_be_just_as_attracted_to_a_fat_girl_as_a_hot_girl

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, we don't give weight loss advice here. If you want to talk about weight loss with someone, the best choice is to start with your healthcare provider, who can assess what you need for your health in terms of weight, and then also give you helps to either lose weight or become more fit (which doesn't always mean a person loses pounds) in a healthy way.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.