Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Vagina's bad attitude!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vagina's bad attitude!
LondonBlue
Activist
Member # 38698

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LondonBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I've had a surprising problem this week that I thought maybe you could shed some light on. After a year of using my DivaCup with no problems (although it took me a while to be able to insert it at first), this period my vagina doesn't want to let it in. I can't get it in more than an inch. Sometimes it feels like that at the very beginning, but with a little persuasion it goes in and then loosens up as my period gets under way and I get used to having the cup in. This time, though, I could NOT get it in at all.

I felt around in there a little, and it seems that although the entrance feels totally normal, further inside the muscle has totally clamped down, leaving only a small channel (2 slim fingers can barely squeeze in). When I try to move around in there and loosen it up, it doesn't hurt at all, but it will not budge. I have tried all my usual relaxing methods and it is stuck in this clamped position. After trying every few hours on the first day of my period, I gave up and decided to use tampons for this cycle since I was just getting sore down there from the attempts. But I am a little concerned about this because I have a pap test in a couple weeks and I don't know if this will be resolved by then.

So... any idea what this random tightness could be? For other cup users, do you ever have a cycle where your body reacts differently to the cup? And does anyone know how I can relax it?

Weird!

Posts: 96 | From: West Coast USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually, as a cup and washabale pad user, find that for whatever reason -- and I honestly don't know what it is, for myself or for anyone else -- now and then the cup just is not going to be a happening thing for my body. I've had the same thing happen now and then with years as a diaphragm user.

My best theory is that for whatever reason, our mood or general health is such that we're clamping down and not able to relax down south, even when we don't want to or have no good reason to.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68232 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LondonBlue
Activist
Member # 38698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LondonBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you have experienced the same thing. I knew conditions could change down there based on where I was in my cycle, or stress or sickness, but it concerned me a bit that it changed one cycle for no good reason, lol.

Hopefully it's back to normal next month...

Posts: 96 | From: West Coast USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.