Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Where is it....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is it....?
MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

Icon 4 posted      Profile for MattsGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, me again...

I am getting bit worried now, I have been trying for years, well ever since I started masturbating to find my clitoris (think I found it once or twice) but it just doesn't seem to be there...?!

I don't seem to have any clear ending at the top of my inner labia either, I seem to have one inside labia, but not the other!!

I can't sit with a mirror either, as I am disabled & don't get much chance, during in the day I have to wear things to help me & would be too embarassed to ask for time alone & a mirror.

Is there anyway I can find it without needing a mirror?

I know I seem naieve asking all these questions [Frown]

[ 10-01-2009, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: MattsGirl ]

--------------------
~xxx~
I am who I am, love me or hate me it's your choice

Posts: 72 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to kind of verbally map the anatomy for you to see if that helps.

Where the inner labia (even if one is so short it seems nonexistent) meet at the top, towards your belly button, not your bottom) creates the clitoral hood. The clitoris is under that hood.

Make any difference?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattsGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really Heather, have read before where it should be, I just can seem to find anything like a hood / covering of tissue.

I sometimes feel a sensation when I rub really hard there or tickle but not much & it doesn't really feel good [Frown]

Could it be possible I don't even have one...?!

--------------------
~xxx~

Posts: 72 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty darn unlikely.

Understand that one important thing is that when we're aroused, that tissue gets more sensitive, and the clitoris also enlarges: so it can be a lot easier for some women to find it when they're very aroused than at times when they're not.

This might also just be something to ask your doctor about, who could help you see where it -- and any other parts of your genital anatomy you want to know about -- is. I know that can seem like an awkward thing to ask, but OB/GYNs are pretty used to questions like that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattsGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been to a OB/GYN, I can't get anywhere without parents / someone taking me.

Not even sure where there is one near me.

Also wouldn't know how to ask to go & see one...

I feel silly now knowing half this stuff, everyone seem to know more than me / be better informed [Frown]

--------------------
~xxx~

Heather
Member # 3

I don't see any reason to feel silly. Also bear in mind that it's very typical for people to give people with disabilities less of this information. I hate that, but it is the case often enough it seems worth mentioning.

If not an OB/GYN, do you have a general doctor you're comfortable with? Many GPs provide OB/GYN care, too.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

I do have a GP, I don't see them unless i'm ill though, again my parent(s) take me.

My GP is also male, so would feel akward asking him [Frown]

I just don't want to get to the point where one day I do have a boyfriend & not know where anything is!

--------------------
~xxx~

Heather
Member # 3

Well, you can ask that doctor for a referral to an OB/GYN so that you can see one, and state a preference that he refer you to a female doctor.

What's your relationship with your parents like? Is it so that you could simply say you have questions about your genitals and want a doctor to talk to?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

My mum says I can talk to her about things, which I do, but never to do with things like this... I mean how are you supposed to ask a parent 'Where is my .....?'

Isn't that kinda weird? How would I approach the subject in the first place?

To just ask it out of the blue, doesn't seem right, plus I would just feel too akward asking somthing like that.

--------------------
~xxx~

Heather
Member # 3

Well, you don't have to ask her that if that feels too weird: you can just tel her you're confused, and would really like a doctor to go over your anatomy with you.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

Mmmmmm..... I know what you're saying Heather, but she would probably wonder why I just don't ask her?!

I had another go the other night at trying to find it, again unsusessfully [Frown]

Although I did feel more, so think I am in the right area...

--------------------
~xxx~

Heather
Member # 3

Well, if she wonders why, she might ask why you don't just ask her, and you can tell her whatever your reason is, like that it feels private, that you feel too old for her to be involved with your genitals, whatever you prefer.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

I had a feel around the area you said in your earlier post & I could feel a lot of sensation there, didn't actually find my clitoris, but my whole body did go all tingly & I ejaculated.

[ 10-04-2009, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: MattsGirl ]

--------------------
~xxx~

LondonBlue
Activist
Member # 38698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LondonBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather mentioned this early on, but I thought it might be helpful... I had trouble finding my clitoris at first because it literally blends in completely when I'm not aroused. It's totally flat. When I am aroused, it feels like a ridge, kind of like the inner labia are just continuing upward and poking out where they are normally flat. Results show that this is definitely a clitoris! [Big Grin] So I would suggest feeling for it when you are more aroused.

It sounds like you had some success, hooray! But maybe this will help anyway. [Smile]

Posts: 96 | From: West Coast USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

Thanks LB, I normally have to masturbate to become aroused though, it doesn't really happen naturally [Frown]

--------------------
~xxx~

LondonBlue
Activist
Member # 38698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LondonBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, masturbation doesn't have to be just clitoral stimulation! You have indicated that you are already experienced with vaginal stimulation, so you could do that until you are good and ready and then see if you have more luck. And/or you could start with anything that feels good, e.g. touching other parts of your body, getting mentally into it by fantasizing, etc. Just experiment! In any case, once you feel really into it, you might have more luck finding the clitoris.

By the way, I missed your mention of the clitoral hood before. I have never really understood this description, because on mine there doesn't seem to be any extra covering of any kind...it feels pretty uniform and it definitely doesn't feel like it emerges out of anything in particular. So mine may just blend in really well, and if you have similar machinery, you might not notice any type of hood or covering. For me, I just know it's the clitoris because when I'm turned on, there's a bump there and it produces pretty stellar results. [Wink]

Posts: 96 | From: West Coast USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattsGirl
Activist
Member # 27170

I had another feel around last night & could feel a little soft bump, not round though, more like the shape of my little finger tip.

Didn't really do much for me though [Frown]

I have tried getting more aroused by viginal stimulation, but I just come too quickly & then after that I am 'dry' & don't want to carry on

[ 10-07-2009, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: MattsGirl ]

--------------------
~xxx~

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.