Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Zits in uncomfortable places

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zits in uncomfortable places
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a pimple on my inner labia, and man, this thing hurts. I have a genetic and personal history of those huge, cystic zits. I find that the ones on my face respond well to hot salt water compresses and Neosporin, but I am unsure if these are safe for my labia.

If not, do you have any suggestions?

If feels as though I have a rock in between my labia, although it's the size of a small Nerdz or something.

I am currently on Ortho Tri Cyclene and Tetracylene, if that makes any difference. The zits still come, but aren't nearly as bad as they could be with out the Tetracylcene.

Thanks much for any suggestions!

------------------
"Come my sisters and brothers,
and listen to my tale,
For I have walked the corridors of heaven,
and finally seen the stars."

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has your GYN confrimed it is, indeed, a zit (because the inner labia is much like the tissue in your mouth, not skin -- it'd be pretty bizarre to get a pimple there)?

If not, go ahead in there. While it's actually pretty common to get benign labial cysts, they may not always be benign, and you'll want to check in and make sure.

In the interim, a warm compress really can't hurt anything, and neither could a hot bath with oatmeal or another organic skin-calming additive.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't had my doctor confirm it...I first noticed it two days ago, and my appointment was a few months ago.

It just seems very similar to the other zits I've had on my labia, complete with the little white head.

If it doesn't go away on it's own in a few days, I'll get it checked out.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, I went to the doctor on Monday. It's a blocked gland. All I need to do is sit in a nice hot bath...Oh, the horror. An excuse to take a nice long hot bath. Oh darn.

It's going away now, and I feel better knowing what it is. Or was, seeing as it's going away.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.