Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » pimples everywhere!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pimples everywhere!
bellychan
Neophyte
Member # 8517

Icon 11 posted      Profile for bellychan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a problem with getting pimples everywhere. I take showers all the time, and wash and everything, but I still get pimples around my breasts and on the back of my legs. The latter are the ones I am more worried about as the ones on my breasts are covered in public. They go on my upper legs, on my fanny, and occationally on my arms. My mom said she's never seen anything like them. There are also ones all over my back and shoulders, and these are a little embarassing too. Really the worst are the ones on my legs tho... There are probably 50 on my left leg above my knee, they're really concentrated. There also seem to be more on my left leg then my right. I can't decide what would cause this. I use a Clean and Clear on my shoulder and legs, and I don't pop them intentionally, but sometimes when I sit, or lay down, they burst on their own... These really make me self conscious when I want to wear short skirts, and I really want them gone. Sometimes they are sore too. Any ideas why they're there and how to get rid of them??
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure they're pimples? To be honest, it sounds more like a ras to me. (However, i'm not a doctor, so...)

If you're showering really often it could be exacerbating the problem. Your skin makes oil more or less on demand--the more often you wash, the more oil it'll make. Hair/scalp works the same way, too. It could also be that the stuff you're using is irritating your skin, so try switching brands.

I'd say lay off the showers (every other day works fine for me) and switch to a gentler soap, and if it doesn't go away, see a dermatologist, as they'll certainly know better than me.

------------------
...you mean the files are in the computer?!?

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pimples are pimples, and they form when the pores in your skin get contaminated with dirt, oil and bacteria. there are topical antibiotic solutions for treating acne. some doctors may prescribe potent birth control pills to curb the acne as well.

I'd do my best to keep the skin really clean by using acne wash, maybe some tea tree oil, and gently exfoliting regularly. but if your acne is really bad, you can go to a dermatologist for treatment.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellychan
Neophyte
Member # 8517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellychan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shower every other day sometimes, every day sometimes, depending on how busy I am. I use clean and clear..., tho I have used dial in the past...
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellychan
Neophyte
Member # 8517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellychan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another weird thing about the ones on my legs is that they don't go away. The ones on my face or back and shoulders go away after a while (only to be replaced by other ones.. oh well) but the ones on my legs don't... The thought that they're not zits is interesting, but they act just like a regular pimple(excepting not going away) when they pop they seem to have the same stuff in them, and I dont' know what I could be allergic to... I don't have them anywhere else...
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
because you have them over a widespread area, i'd be inclined to suggest you go ahead and see a dermatologist. it sounds like your case is relatively severe.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellychan
Neophyte
Member # 8517

how do I go about seeing a dermatologist? do i just make a call? does it cost or will insurance take care of it?
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
depends on your insurance coverage. you can make an appointment with a dermatologist of your choosing, or you can ask your primary care physician to refer you to one.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Hakujou
Neophyte
Member # 14126

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Hakujou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, when you go see a dermitologist, if he/she gives you a treatment and it doesn't work don't get discouraged! I did and I learned from that mistake, just go back and tell them what type of effect the treatment did or did not have on you.

------------------
~*~*~*~Hakujou~*~*~*~

Posts: 1 | From: Washington, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know my boyfriend gets the same kind of thing all over his back, but only during the summer. It comes from sweating and wearing his sweaty clothes. He found showering right after excersise, and skipping the undershirt during the hot weather helped alot. I had something like that on my legs. My doctor told me to get a cream with uric acid in it, and to get more sun. I honestly, can tell you what she called it, but it wasn't a true pimple. So, totally get thee to a doctor. You could probably start off at your regular doctor. It could be something totally common that s/he can treat, and it would save you a trip to the dermatologist. If your doc can't treat it, then s/he can send you to a dermatologist.
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 12 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, make sure they are pimples, it could be a rash.

If they are pimples, I know how you feel! I have acne on my face, neck, back, chest, shoulders, and arms. I use Stridex face wipes (in my case more than face) for sensitive skin (optional) and occasionally with aloe (optional). I wash where it is with soap and water and try not to pick or pop them. This all just part of puberty. I have had it since I was 9 and they are still annoying and a pain.
Enough about me, though, let's talk how to get rid of acne.

1. Wash your acne with mild soap and water twice a day.

2. Try to keep hair away from face. Your hair has natural oils in it that can clog pores.

3. Avoid touching your acne, for your fingers have natural oils which can clog pores.

4. Buy a medicine that you can get at local drug stores, such as Stridex (which has a variety of face wipes, lotions, and soaps), Oxi-Clean pads, etc.

5. If case worsens, see a dermatologist and get a prescribed medication.

Hope this helped!

Kittylouise711

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.