Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Progesterone cream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Progesterone cream
Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while back, my mom bought some progesterone cream from Blue Stuff, a local company that has been getting very good reviews on their products. She has endrometreosis and read in a book that progesterone cream is good for helping the pain related to it. Mom asked the woman at Blue Stuff if it would be alright for me to use since my periods are usually very painful for the first few days. She replied it would help with the pain, so I have been using it on the days I am supposed to, if I don't forget. A couple of days back, I started bleeding a little bit. It's near the 25th day of my cycle, so I should be starting my period soon, but this isn't like my period. I only really notice the bleeding after I go to the bathroom. There is only a spot of two of blood on the pads I've been wearing and I feel no pain whatsoever, whereas with my period I start cramping up to a week beforehand.

I have also been slightly sore down there since the bleeding started. That I attrbuted to getting slightly carried away whiel masturbating, so I didn't think anything of it until after a couple of days passed and I was still bleeding.

I think it may be due to the cream since my mom was complaining of starting her period much sooner than expected. So, I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this happening before?

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
progesterone is a hormone that maintains the endometrial lining. when levels are up, the lining stays intact. but if levels fall, as the ynaturally do during the menstrual cycle, the lining disintegrates and is expelled as menstrual blood. it is possible that you weren't applying the cream regularly (maybe forgot a day or two). then it may be that the P4 levels fell enough to cause spotting.

and latex gloves with lube during masturbation can prevent those nicks, scratches and cuts if you get a little carried away.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this...
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/wildyam.html

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com.
"Did you see my friend? He couldn't believe it, 'The girls are holding hands, the girls are holding hands!' Don't be a fool, it's 1995, the girls are just friends." --Belle and Sebastian, "Photo Jenny"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.