Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » loss of appeptite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: loss of appeptite
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, well lately i've had a loss of appeptite. I don't eat as much as i've used to, today what i ate for lunch was a candy bar and i had a soda and i was full, which was really odd. I have been under stress lately, from work and personal stuff, do you think that you be why? thanks

------------------
*~*Golden*~*

*A person that asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, a person who doesn't is a fool forever*

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of months ago, i was feeling like that. It was there for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly i got my old appetite back. It could be any number of things in your life that's affecting your appetite.

If you are feeling worried about it, then see your docter about it.

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by golden101:
Hello, well lately i've had a loss of appeptite. I don't eat as much as i've used to, today what i ate for lunch was a candy bar and i had a soda and i was full, which was really odd. I have been under stress lately, from work and personal stuff, do you think that you be why? thanks

I know that when I'm stressed or depressed, I don't eat very much at all. I just can't. In all other cases, I eat like crazy, but when I'm going through a tough time, I don't.

However, you could just be going through a period of time where you eat less and feel fine.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"To the beemobile!"
"You mean your Chevy?"
"Yes."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It most definetly could be stress, or lack of it (when I'm stressed out I eat a lot, therefor when I'm not stressed, I eat less, and start to worry about myself).

For the past few months I've been eating less too (my parents won't let me order food in restaurants because I won't even finish a quarter of it) and I've learned one very important thing. Because you're not eating a lot, you need to make what you eat count. Don't have a candy bar and a soda for lunch because then you'll get even less nutrients than you normally would, which can lead to some health problems. If you know you're not going to eat a 5-course meal then have something small and healthy.

As per usual, see a doc if you're worried about it or about your health.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that most definitely happens to me! It could be a number of things, but in my case it's usually stress. Stress can come from family, friends, work, a crush, your health, or just life in general.

Other things that effect my appetite are the weather (really! -If it's a really hot day, I'll drink a lot more than I eat) Medications(If you took something recently, it could increase or decrease your appetite) or the types of food you're eating (some things are more filling than others)But, Pixie had a good point -- as long as you eat something nutritional don't worry too much about how much it is. Your body will let you know what is right. However, if you're completely skipping meals for a long time, go to your family doc.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.